The Victorian Standardised Student Induction Protocol requires students to provide evidence of their international criminal history if, since the age of 16, they have:
- Been a citizen or permanent resident of any country other than Australia; or
- Resided continuously in any single country other than Australia for 12 months or longer.
If you meet this criteria, you will need to provide the University one of the following:
- Nation-wide check of criminal history produced by the relevant national authority in the applicable country/ies (if in a language other than English, it must be accompanied by a certified English translation); or
- International Criminal History Check issued by an AHPRA-approved supplier; or
- A completed Overseas Police Record Declaration.
- All documents need to have been issued no more than 3 months prior to course commencement;
- The Overseas Police Record Declaration is a legally-binding Commonwealth statutory declaration. It is a serious criminal offence to intentionally give false or misleading information in this declaration.
- If your documents are under an alternative or previous name different to the one registered with the University, please upload a ‘Change of Name Certificate’ to the Alternative/Previous Name Notice available under your Checks tab on Sonia. Our Student Support team will refer back to your Alternative/Previous Name Notice every time they come across one of your documents under a different name, so there is no need to provide a ‘Change of Name Certificate’ elsewhere on Sonia. You may also update your Alternative/Previous Name Notice if you have any further changes to your name.