Overseas police record

The Victorian Standardised Student Induction Protocol requires students to provide evidence of their international criminal history if, since the age of 16, they have:

  1. Been a citizen or permanent resident of any country other than Australia; or
  2. Resided continuously in any single country other than Australia for 12 months or longer.

If you meet this criteria, you will need to provide the University one of the following:

Please note:

  • All documents need to have been issued no more than 3 months prior to course commencement;
  • The Overseas Police Record Declaration is a legally-binding Commonwealth statutory declaration. It is a serious criminal offence to intentionally give false or misleading information in this declaration.
  • If your documents are under an alternative or previous name different to the one registered with the University, please upload a ‘Change of Name Certificate’ to the Alternative/Previous Name Notice available under your Checks tab on Sonia. Our Student Support team will refer back to your Alternative/Previous Name Notice every time they come across one of your documents under a different name, so there is no need to provide a ‘Change of Name Certificate’ elsewhere on Sonia. You may also update your Alternative/Previous Name Notice if you have any further changes to your name.

Go to Sonia

Back to minimum requirements