Stillbirth and Neonatal Deaths Research Scholarship
- 19th Nov 2021
- 28th Feb 2022
- Study level
- Graduate Research
- Enrolment status
- Future student; Current student; Other
- Foundation donation
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
GGR Re No. 075349
This is a Graduate Research Student scholarship to be awarded for research into stillbirth and neonatal death and disease conducted at the Royal Women’s Hospital research precinct. The scholarship is to be awarded to a Graduate of any University in medicine and surgery, having received an offer, or being currently enrolled, as a GR student (PhD or MPhil), conducting their research project at the Royal Women’s Hospital. The current annual amount available for award is approximately $11,600. The scholarship is funded from an original trust deed that was established in 1937 with generous donations made to the then King’s Jubilee Fund. The funds were previously held by the City of Melbourne and the Lord Mayor before being transferred to the University of Melbourne in October 2020.
The winning applicant will be provided with a scholarship for the duration of 1 year (Per annum stipend rate: Approximately $11,600) will be paid to the awardee in a fortnightly stipend.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
To be considered for this award, students must:
- Complete and submit the application form;
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or international student with a relevant Australian visa;
- Have completed a degree in medicine and surgery or equivalent deemed valid by the Medical Board of Australia;
- Have received an offer, or be currently enrolled, as a Graduate Research student (PhD or MPhil) in connection with a University Medical School, hospital or similar establishment or institution.
- Be enrolled on a full-time or part-time basis;
- Be conducting their research project at the Royal Women’s Hospital. The scholarship may be awarded a maximum of two times to the same applicant at the discretion of the selection committee
Applications will be judged by the Selection Panel based on the following criteria:
- Alignment of the research project with the purpose of the award (50% weighting)
- Feasibility of the project to achieving the aims and/or translation to clinical practice (25% weighting)
- Track record (CV, previous prizes, awards, grants, publications etc) (25% weighting)
To apply for this scholarship award, you need to submit your application to Janine Sala at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and time.
Application Form (DOCX 996.3 KB)
Applicants will be notified by email in March 2022.
Janine Sala email@example.com
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Medical School; Biomedical Sciences