IPE Curriculum Framework
The Faculty of MDHS's Interprofessional Education & Practice Development (IPEP) curriculum framework aims to develop students who are Collaborative Practice Ready when they transition into practice. Six core IPE competencies guide all learning and teaching IPE activities:
- Role Clarification
- Team Functioning
- Collaborative Leadership
- Interprofessional Conflict Resolution
- Interprofessional Communication
- Person/community centered care
The IPEP learning and teaching curriculum activities are integrated across the stages of students programs.
- ENGAGE with the 6 IPE competencies during 'beginner' program activities within curriculum
- EXPERIENCE an authentic interaction of the 6 IPE core competencies during 'middle' program activities, and
- ENABLE the 6 IPE core competencies during 'end' program leadership activities.
Framework adapted from the Canadian National Interprofessional Education Competency Framework