Scholarships for Leaders with Disability
Directing Change Scholarship Program – A new scholarship for leaders with disability
This opportunity provides 15 full-fee scholarships in 2022 to leaders with disability to undertake either the Foundations of Directorship program or the Company Directors Course at AICD. In addition, eight months of mentoring with an Australian business leader will also be provided to help maximise board career opportunities.
The expertise of the two organisations will complement each other to provide a comprehensive and integrated program through actions and learnings of both leaders with disability and board directors.
To be eligible for the Directing Change Scholarship you need to meet the following criteria:
- Have never been, nor are you currently, disqualified from being a director of a corporation or organisation
- Meet the entry requirements for either the AICD Foundations of Directorship program, or the AICD Company Directors Course (see above for details)
- Agree to course and mentoring time and deadline commitments
- Be able to attend and participate in the course selected. If applicable, own transport and travel need to be arranged and costs covered until reimbursement on course completion (pre-approval required)*
- Identify as a person with disability, mental health condition, or chronic illness (including physical, intellectual, sensory, neurological, learning disability Psychological or immunological), as defined by the Disability Discrimination Act 1992
The Australian Scholarships Foundation is pleased to work with Australian Network on Disability and AICD to administer these scholarships, to contribute to and strengthen capability building in underrepresented areas of leadership. As such, the general eligibility requirements of our not-for-profit scholarships do not apply.
How to Apply
Leaders with disability can apply from 17 January – 13 February 2022 by clicking here.