MDHS Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee
The MDHS Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Committee (DIAC) brings together staff from across the Faculty who are committed to cultivating an environment where diversity is valued, respected and affirmed.
The Committee has representation from each of our Schools across professional and academic staff, early career researchers and senior leadership. Importantly, we have a range of diverse experiences, attributes, skills and expertise which lend themselves to robust collaboration.
University of Melbourne groups and services
- Diversity Council of Australia–Australia’s national independent not-for-profit peak body leading diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Australian Human Rights Commission–an independent statutory organisation to protect and promote human rights in Australia and internationally.
- Asylum Seeker Resource Centre–Victorian based organisation that supports people seeking safety in Australia through education, empowerment, training and advocacy.
- Victorian Multicultural Commission–recommend potential solutions to government, policymakers and community organisations to make public services more inclusive and accessible.
- Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria–peak body in Victoria that lobbies government on behalf of multicultural communities in areas like human rights, access and equity and improving services.
- Victorian Multicultural Honour Roll–The Honour Roll recognises the vital role that multicultural individuals have played to keep our communities safe and connected.
- Seeking Asylum: Our Stories–Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
- Cultural Diversity Research Collection–Australia Policy Online
- Racism at Work Report–How organisations can stand up to and end workplace racism
- Face the facts–Cultural diversity in Australia
- Talking about a Revolution–Yassmin Abdel-Magied
- Anti Racism Resources for White People in Australia
- The Hate Race–Maxine Beneba Clarke
- Why I'm no longer talking to white people about race
- Reporting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples and Issues
- Growing up African in Australia
- Growing up Asian in Australia
- Growing up Aboriginal in Australia
An episode of Insight (SBS) about how being mixed race shape people’s identity and experience of the world, and how families maintain multiple cultures.
This SBS documentary puts survey findings into action through a series of hidden camera social experiments to capture the experience of racism in Australia today.