Watch: Innovation in the Pandemic: A Conversation with Professor Sharon Lewin
Professor Sharon Lewin AO, Director of the Doherty Institute, shares some of the key moments and pivotal decisions during Australia's transformational journey responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Engage in an enlightening discussion with Professor Sharon Lewin, a leading infectious disease expert and Director of the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, as she takes us through Australia’s transformational journey in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In a conversation with Dr Peter Cebon, leader of the Innovation Practice Program at The University of Melbourne, and the audience, Professor Lewin will discuss key moments and pivotal decisions that steered Australia from chaos to order, analysing how we can learn from our collective successes and challenges.
- Professor Sharon Lewin AO, Director of the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity and Director of the Cumming Global Centre for Pandemic Therapeutics.
- Associate Professor Peter Cebon, Program Leader of the Innovation Practice Program at the University of Melbourne.
- 00:29: Welcome and Acknowledgement of Country by Professor Mark Hargreaves, Acting Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research), University of Melbourne.
- 4:10: Conversation between Professor Sharon Lewin AO and Associate Professor Peter Cebon.
- 42:05: Audience Q&A session.
- 55:11: Closing remarks by David Collett, State Manager for Victoria and Tasmania, SMEC.