Rural Health workforce scholarship
- 5th Dec 2018
- 30th Jun 2019
- Study level
- Graduate Coursework
- Enrolment status
- Future student
- Study Area
This is a Health workforce scholarship which is funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Health to improve health care provision in Rural Australia.
$10,000 per year for up to 2 years for approved health related study that will benefit communities in target areas- remote and rural Victoria.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
- Post Graduate Health professional- medicine, nursing, allied health including Aboriginal Health worker
- Be employed by a non-government organisation in a remote or rural community in Victoria in MMM3-7 area.
- The course needs to be perceived as of benefit to the target area.
- Need to be a health professional working in a remote or rural within the MMM3-7 area in a target area that is included in the MMM3-7 classifications
- For more details http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/publishing.nsf/Content/locator
- Need to have an employment agreement in an applicable area in a non-government funded workplace.
- The proposed course would need to be approved by RWAV.
- Complete the online application form.
- Include all scanned documents as requested.
- Be prepared to meet return of service obligations if you gain the scholarship.
Application form - (PDF 444.1 KB)
Successful recipients will be notified via email.
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Medical School; Psychological Sciences; Health Sciences