Picchi Brothers Foundation Prize
- 26th Jun 2018
- 31st Aug 2018
- Study level
- Graduate Research
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Foundation donation
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
The Picchi Brothers Foundation and The University of Melbourne are pleased to announce the launch of a new student prize The Picchi Brothers Foundation for Excellence in Asthma Research. The $10,000 prize will be awarded in 2018, 2019 and 2020 to an eligible current or recent Masters by Research or PhD degree student of the University of Melbourne’s Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences.
One prize of $10,000 will be awarded in 2018, 2019 and 2020 to an eligible current or recent Masters by Research or PhD degree student of the University of Melbourne’s Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
Applicants must be
- currently enrolled Masters by Research or PhD degree student of the University of Melbourne’s Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, OR
- a recent Masters by Research or PhD degree graduate of the Faculty who has graduated in an area directly relevant to asthma within 'two years prior to each year’s application closing date'.
- (career interruptions should be specified) AND
- Have submitted and presented an original abstract to a scientific meeting or submitted a full paper for publicatio
- Be responsible for the major components of the research
The selection committee will assess applicants for the Prize based on:
- Scientific Quality (50%)
- Significance and Innovation (25%)
- Career development of applicant (25%)
Applicants are required to complete the Applicant Registration Form and submit the following documents by email to email@example.com
- A copy of the original conference abstract or published journal article
- The abstract of the scholar’s Doctoral Thesis or an expanded abstract of the work to be considered (2-page maximum)
- A 2-page (maximum) track record including career disruptions
- Publications for the preceding 5 years
The selection committee will use these materials to assess and rank applicants. They may also conduct interviews with applicants to best support clear and transparent selection processes. Please submit your applications by close of business on 31st August 2018
Enquiries via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: The recipient must agree to be profiled in University of Melbourne and Picchi Brothers Foundation Inc’s publications and websites.
Medical School; Biomedical Sciences; Psychological Sciences; Population and Global Health; Health Sciences; Dental School