Nicole King Scholarship
- 29th Oct 2021
- 30th Nov 2021
- Study level
- Graduate Research
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
To establish in perpetuity one or more scholarships for students of cancer and palliative care nursing at the University and each scholarship is to be called “The Nicole King Scholarship”.
1 per year at approximately $4,280 (net annual income of the fund).
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
To be considered for this award, students must be undertaking a Graduate Research program (MPhil or PhD) with a focus on Cancer and Palliative care nursing. Applicants are required to submit:
1. An online Financial Aid Grant application through Melbourne Scholarships
2. An application form including a brief written submission (max 500 words) including:
- A personal statement detailing interest and/or experience in the area of cancer and palliative care nursing; and
- A statement outlining how the scholarship will assist in completing their studies.
Applications will be assessed on:
- Financial need
- Personal statement
- Submit an online Financial Aid Grant application through Melbourne Scholarships using this link: https://unimelb-scholarships.smartygrants.com.au/SFA
- Once you have submitted your online Financial Aid Grant application, please complete the following application form, noting that you will need to attach
- a personal statement detailing interest and/or experience in the area of cancer and palliative care nursing; and
- a statement outlining how the scholarship will assist in completing your studies.
The word count of both statements together should not exceed 500 words.
You will need to combine them into one PDF document and submit them via the following Qualtrics form: https://melbourneuni.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ePvHOzT2lhrl93g
Successful applicants will be notified via email after the 22nd of December 2021.
Please contact email@example.com
The recipient/s will provide a 500 word report on the benefits of the scholarship, required within twelve months of receiving the scholarship. The recipient will be invited to attend the Department of Nursing, Awards and Graduation event.
Department / Centre