Nicole King Scholarship
- 13th Jan 2023
- 8th Mar 2023
- Study level
- Graduate Research
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
The Nicole King Scholarship was established in 2021.
To establish in perpetuity one or more scholarships for students of cancer and palliative care nursing at the University and each scholarship is to be called “The Nicole King Scholarship”.
Up to $8355 in 2023 (based on accrued income of the fund). 1 or more applicants may be awarded, at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
To be considered for this award, students must be undertaking a Graduate Research program (MPhil or PhD) with a focus on Cancer and Palliative care nursing. Applicants are required to submit:
1. An online Financial Aid Grant application through Melbourne Scholarships
2. An application form including a brief written submission (max 500 words) including:
- A personal statement detailing interest and/or experience in the area of cancer and palliative care nursing; and
- A statement outlining how the scholarship will assist in completing their studies.
Applications will be assessed on:
- Financial need
- Personal statement
- Submit an online Financial Aid Grant application through Melbourne Scholarships using this link: https://unimelb-scholarships.smartygrants.com.au/SFA
- Once you have submitted your online Financial Aid Grant application, please complete the following application form, noting that you will need to attach
- a personal statement detailing interest and/or experience in the area of cancer and palliative care nursing; and
- a statement outlining how the scholarship will assist in completing your studies.
The word count of both statements together should not exceed 500 words.
You will need to combine them into one PDF document and submit them via the following Qualtrics form: https://melbourneuni.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6P7KFdZydjxjNtk
Successful applicants will be notified via email after the 17 April 2023.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The recipient/s will provide a 500 word report on the benefits of the scholarship, required within twelve months of receiving the scholarship. The recipient will be invited to attend the Department of Nursing, Awards and Graduation event.
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department / Centre