MDHS Clubs & Societies
Our Student Society & Clubs initiative enriches the student experience, provide valuable insight and feedback about University run services and can foster lifelong relationships with like minded individuals. Faculty registered student groups, societies or associations have access to a range of support services provided by the dedicated student support team in the faculty's learning & teaching unit. Our core values which you will find below drive our Society & Club initiative and inspire us in our daily professional l& social lives.
We work to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities we serve. We invest in developing the careers and wellbeing of our students and staff, fostering a culture that supports us all to do our best work. We are guided by our values in our pursuit of excellence.
Collaboration & Teamwork
- We collaborate with each other and our partners to lead the advancement of health and wellbeing
- We connect locally and globally to advance and enrich the communities we serve
- We share our knowledge and expertise to achieve our goals
- We drive innovation and are open to new perspectives, ideas and ways of working
- We provide an environment that is caring and upholds the health and wellbeing of our students and staff
- We have the courage to act on our convictions
- We communicate and clarify our expectations of each other
- We respect the diversity of histories, lived experiences and futures of our students, staff and communities we serve
- We see diversity, inclusion and personal growth as a strength
- We create a safe place to work that fosters belonging and aspiration
- We apply the highest standards of ethics and quality in all that we do
- Honesty and trust underpin our relationships
- We believe in freedom of intellectual enquiry and the value of diverse cultural knowledges
- We are humble learners and proud leaders
- We are accountable for our actions, outcomes and conduct
- Our processes are efficient and transparent
- We hold ourselves accountable to those we serve
- We uphold our sense of place and our responsibility for the environment
Registered Clubs and Societies at the faculty of
Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences.
Australian Holistic Health Student Association
Biomedicine Student's Soceity
Global Health Youth Connect
Interprofessional Education and Practice Health Students' Network
MD Acapella Society
MD Diverse Educational Backgrounds Society
Melbourne BioInnovation Student Initiative
Melbourne Population & Global Health Student's Society
Melbourne University Biomedicine Students Orchestra
Melbourne University Health Initiative
Melbourne University Nursing Students Society
Melbourne University Physiotherapy Students Society
Outlook Rural Health Club
Psychiatry Students' Interest Group
Social Work Association of Graduate Students
Speech Pathology Students Society
Strive Student Health Initiative
Surgical Students’ Society of Melbourne (SSSM)
Teach the Teacher
Teaching for Impact
University of Melbourne Students Society Orchestra
University of Melbourne Medical Students Society
University Melbourne Infectious Diseases Student Society
University of Melbourne Optometry Student Society
Wilderness Medicine Students Society
Women In Dentistry Society
Event and Venue Bookings
Student-led events now require a sponsor – either an affiliate (eg UMSU, GSA, MUSport), or an academic division or college (eg MDHS). The sponsor is the overarching authority for the event and all activities would be held under the auspices of their COVIDSafe Plan.
For student groups who are not affiliated with student organisations such as UMSU or GSA, the Health Hub can assist registered student groups with booking University venues and some additional services (eg Lecture Capture or Zoom Webinar access).
Minimum time frames apply. Applications must be submitted by the President, Vice-President, Secretary or Treasurer of registered student groups with the Faculty. To request an event booking, please complete the following online form:
Registering your Student Club or Society
Student Groups are able to access a range of administrative support services via the Health Hub. These services include:
- Faculty of MDHS financial support
- Professional development opportunities
- Event/ Initiative Promotion
- Venue booking assistance
- Printing assistance
- Mail collection
To be eligible to access these support services, your student group must register with the Faculty of MDHS.
We are able to assist with printing of basic documents on our laser multifunction device. Our printer is capable of:
- Colour or Black & White
- A4 or A3
- Duplexing (double-sided printing)
- Folded booklet printing
- Hole punching
Minimum time frames* For less than 100 pages, please submit your request with at least 5 business days. For less than 500 pages please allow at least 10 business days. For other printing that involves more elaborate requests (More than 500 pages, folding etc) please email the Health Hub as this will be subject to our availability. To submit your request for document printing, please complete our online request form:
To submit your request for document printing, please complete our online request form:
Request for Financial Support
Registered student groups seeking the Faculty of MDHS to financially support an event or initiative must complete our online application form below to request for funding. Applications must be submitted by the President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer of registered student groups with the Faculty:
Social Media Promotion
If you have an upcoming event/initiative/recruitment drive etc that the society would like help with promoting, then we are more than happy to help out through our Health Hub social media channels. This is however up to our discretion.
If you would like us to share image's through our social media please enjoy that they are in the correct format and sizing for sharing online on Social platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. (PNG or JPEG). Please also include any body text that you would like included in the post.
The MDHS Student Support Team located within the Learning and Teaching Unit is your go-to team for all things regarding clubs and societies.
If you would like your questions answered in person we are located on level 1 of the Brownless Biomedical Library between 9am and 5pm, otherwise we can be contacted on the below details.
Phone: +61 3 8344 5807 (option 3)
You can also follow the Health Hub on social media for updates: