Connect With Us
Connect With Us
Our courses are developed and delivered by leaders in health education through the University’s connections with: hospitals, research institutes and the public and private sectors in Australia and overseas.
Whether you're just starting out or a seasoned professional, we have something to suit your needs and schedule. With the highest teaching evaluations in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences we are proud to offer our coursework and short course programs to our leaders and future leaders.
Please select your discipline area from the side menu and connect with us.
If you’re interested in upskilling in Aboriginal Health, sign up to learn more about our courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Aboriginal Health in Rural Communities
- Specialist Certificate in Empowering Health in Aboriginal Communities
- Graduate Certificate in Aboriginal Health in Rural Communities
Adolescent Health and Wellbeing
If you’re interested in gaining the skills to communicate effectively with young people from different sectors, families, cultural and community backgrounds, sign up to learn more about our courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Adolescent Health and Wellbeing
- Graduate Diploma in Adolescent Health and Wellbeing
- Master of Adolescent Health and Wellbeing
If you’re interested in developing a greater understanding of the complex implications of ageing populations and workforces, sign up to learn more about our courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Ageing
- Graduate Diploma in Ageing
- Master of Ageing
- Specialist Certificate in Ageing
Our courses in Ageing brings together academics from multiple disciplines, including public health, medicine, architecture and design, engineering, business and economics, government, and the arts. Academics collaborate with leading experts from Australia and around the world.
Our courses are designed to produce leaders in the field of ageing who will be able to develop new approaches and policies that help shift the focus to a more positive and holistic view of ageing. Be presented with opportunities to gain practical skills and undertake high-order analysis, using interdisciplinary strategies and cross-cultural comparisons.
Audiology and Speech Pathology
If you’re interested in an exceptional preparation for an audiology or speech pathology career, sign up to learn more about our courses.
Master of Clinical Audiology
The Master of Clinical Audiology course provides the basic scientific background for audiology, an introduction to clinical work, comprehensive training in all aspects of clinical audiology along with an introduction to related research methods. The course consists of formal lectures, seminars, practical work and student presentations along with a substantial clinical component.
Completion of this degree qualifies you to work as a clinical audiologist. This profession should be of interest to those with a scientific background who are interested in working with people.Students who demonstrate an aptitude for research may be considered for PhD studies within the Department.
Professional Accreditation: Graduates can apply for membership of the Audiological Society of Australia (ASA).
Master of Speech Pathology
The Master of Speech Pathology consists of formal lectures, seminars, practical work and student presentations along with a substantial clinical component.
Completion of this degree qualifies you to work as a speech pathologist. Speech pathologists work with people of all ages who are experiencing communication and/or swallowing disorders as a result of illness, injury or disability. This profession may be of interest to those with a scientific or linguistics background who are interested in working with people.
Professional accreditation: The course is accredited with Speech Pathology Australia.
If you’re interested in biomedical sciences, sign up to learn more about our courses.
Bachelor of Biomedicine
Biomedicine is about world-changing research, responding to pandemics, finding cures for diseases, discovering the fascinating way the human body works and analysing global patterns of disease.
The Bachelor of Biomedicine degree lays the foundation for new generations of biomedical experts to lead the revolution in medicine. The degree includes extensive core subjects covering a broad range of professional health pathways. With a Bachelor of Biomedicine from Australia’s leading university, your postgraduate opportunities are profound. How will you make a difference to the human health?
Course: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Degree with Honours)
Honours is a fourth-year program which advances your technical sophistication and aptitude for independent research, providing you with a platform toward clinical pathways, further research or a higher degree. Enrol directly into real world, cutting edge research under the supervision of renowned experts.
Investing in the additional year at University required to complete Honours gives you the opportunity to draw together your early years of study and add significant value to your resume. Honours is very different from earlier undergraduate years, allowing and requiring a greater degree of independence and flexibility that will help you develop the maturity and skills for transition to employment in a range of occupations and industries or a research higher degree.
Master of Biomedical Science
The Master of Biomedical Science is an alternative to the Honours to PhD pathway. Students undertake a major research project and discipline-specific coursework subjects.
In addition, a suite of professional business and communication subjects are offered to complement and enhance the research undertaken and to progress students’ career opportunities.
If you’re interested in cancer sciences, sign up to learn more about our courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Cancer Sciences
- Master of Cancer Sciences
- Specialist Certificate in Cancer Nursing
- Specialist Certificate in Cancer Sciences
Clinical Research and Teaching
If you’re interested in upskilling in clinical leadership, clinical research, clinical education or clinical teaching, sign up to learn more about our courses in clinical research and teaching:
The Excellence in Clinical Teaching (EXCITE) program has a clear focus on two things: excellence and the direct interface between clinician and learner. EXCITE activities are directly applicable to the clinician's experience, linking solid educational theory with the realities of their workplace. Key to the development of the program has been a profound knowledge of clinicians; their work, needs and preferences. It is a learner-centred program that is geared for maximum flexibility and responsiveness. Participants can expect an immersive, transformative experience.
The Graduate Certificate is the first in a suite of award courses for clinical teachers. The program provides a pathway from the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Teaching to the Graduate Diploma and Master of Clinical Education, for those who are interested in further developing a career in this field.
Our courses include:
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Teaching
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Education
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Research
- Master of Clinical Education
- Specialist Certificate in Clinical Leadership
- Specialist Certificate in Clinical Research (Neuroscience)
If you’re interested in broadening your skillset in clinical ultrasound, sign up to learn more about our courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Ultrasound
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Ultrasound
- Master of Clinical Ultrasound
The University of Melbourne has developed a suite of postgraduate clinical ultrasound courses that are offered in distance mode to practising medical professionals who wish to obtain further expertise in medical ultrasound for clinical practice. The suite of programs are designed to be completed in a three stage process, starting with the Graduate Certificate of Clinical Ultrasound course.
The Masters course focuses on 3-D Echocardiography and new technologies, congenital research methods, ultrasound literature, obstetric and medical conditions and completes with an advanced case studies practicum.
Dentistry and Oral Health
Sign up to learn more about our courses in dentistry.
Dentistry is a challenging and rewarding profession that is responsible for the oral health of individuals and the wider community. Good oral health is integral to good general health, and dentistry is recognised as a primary healthcare profession.
Bachelor of Oral Health
As a Bachelor of Oral Health student you'll develop all the scientific, theoretical and clinical skills to practice in oral health therapy, which includes careers as both dental hygienist and dental therapist.
The Bachelor of Oral Health is recognised in all Australian states and territories and in New Zealand and is accredited by the Australian Dental Council (ADC). Students will register as dental practitioners with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) upon graduation.
The Bachelor of Oral Health is not a direct pathway to the Doctor of Dental Surgery. The BOH is a vocational entry-to-practice qualification. Applicants over-qualified for the Bachelor of Oral Health may not receive an offer for the program.
Doctor of Dental Surgery
The Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) is Australia's only masters-level qualification for training general dental practitioners.
As part of the four year full-time degree, students spend significant time in provision of patient care, and clinical methods, as well as undertake a two-year research project in oral health. In the final year, students have the unique opportunity to experience working in a private practice setting, where they will learn how to run a small dental clinic.
Based on advanced, evidenced-based clinical training, the degree leads to registration as a general dental practitioner with the Dental Practice Board in Australia and New Zealand, and creates a pathway to enter the Master of Philosophy, PhD or Doctor of Clinical Dentistry.
Doctor of Clinical Dentistry
The Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (DCD) is for general dentists who wish to become specialists.
The course is accredited by the Australian Dental Council (ADC) for specialist registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. Local graduates of this course may apply for registration to practise in Australia in their designated specialty. International graduates of this course must pass the ADC examinations in addition to the DCD in order to register to practise as a specialist in Australia.
Doctor of Dental Science
The Doctor of Dental Science (DDSc) is the highest qualification available by examination at Melbourne Dental School. (more info)
Graduate Certificate in Dental Therapy (Advanced Clinical Practice)
Graduate Certificate in Dental Therapy applicants must have a current registration with the Dental Board of Australia as a dental therapist or oral health therapist; and two years of practice experience.
Graduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry (Implants)
The Graduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry (Implants) is for general dentists who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in implant dentistry. The course is ideal for local general dentists who wish to remain in private practice while learning as it is only available part-time.
Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree in dentistry with good academic results and have at least two years’ full-time, continuous clinical work experience.
If you’re keen to increase your research skills in epidemiology, sign up to learn more about our course in Epidemiology.
Master of Epidemiology
The Master of Epidemiology (MEpi) at the University of Melbourne is designed for students to want to increase their research skills in epidemiology with the aim of either contributing to epidemiological or medical research or developing a research career, but who don’t want the breadth of subjects required for the Master of Public Health.
To be eligible, you need an honours degree, a medical degree, or a 3-year degree with relevant work experience. Students in this program are typically practising clinicians (e.g. doctors) who are looking for the equivalent of a one-year degree or students who have been working in the health sector and who eventually want to do a PhD based on epidemiological research.
Students wishing to specialise in Epidemiology have three options:
- Master of Epidemiology (MEpi)
- Master of Science (Epidemiology) (MSci (Epi))
- Master of Public Health (MPH) specialising in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Genetic Counselling / Genomics and Health
If you’re interested in an exceptional preparation for a career in genetic counselling or genomics and health, sign up to learn more about our courses in genetics and genomics.
Course: Master of Genetic Counselling
Genetic counselling is a communication process that aims to help individuals, couples and families understand and adapt to the implications of a genetic contribution to a health condition.
Graduating with a Master of Genetic Counselling meets the requirements for entry level professional employment as an associate genetic counsellor, and for Board Eligible certification, awarded through the Board of Censors in Genetic Counselling (Human Genetics Society of Australasia).
Genomics and Health
Rapid advances in genomics in the last decade are expected to bring about benefits and challenges in health care. These advances require a workforce able to incorporate new ways of thinking about, and applying genomics knowledge in clinical practice and policy.
- Course: Master of Genomics and Health
- The Master of Genomics and Health provides advanced training in the current and potential impact on health and medicine brought about by advances in genomics and related technologies.
- Course: Graduate Diploma in Genomics and Health
- The Graduate Diploma in Genomics and Health is a 1-year nested award within the 2-year Master of Genomics and Health. You can further develop your genomics expertise by completing an additional year (100 credit points) of study with the Master of Genomics and Health.
- Course: Graduate Certificate in Genomics and Health
- The Graduate Certificate in Genomics and Health is a 6-month nested award within the 2-year Master of Genomics and Health course.
- Course: Master of Genomics and Health
Health and Human Services / Patient Management
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
If you’re a health and community services professional interested in upskilling, sign up to learn more about our courses in Health and Human Services.
- Graduate Certificate in Health and Human Services
- Master of Health and Human Services
- Specialist Certificate in Health and Human Services
If you’re interested in upskilling in patient management, sign up to learn more about our courses.
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Contact Lens Patients
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Neuro-Ophthalmic Disorder
- Specialist Certificate in the Management of Paediatric Patients
If you’re interested in an exceptional preparation for a career in medicine or to upskill your practice, sign up to learn more about our courses.
Entry to Practice: Doctor of Medicine
As the first Australian professional entry masters level program, Melbourne's Doctor of Medicine (MD) creates a new benchmark in 21st century medical education.
Designed for students who have completed their undergraduate studies and are committed to professional training, this unique MD recognises both the personal and professional development of each individual.
Advance your career
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- The Bachelor of Medical Science is only offered to undergraduate medical students from selected international medical schools which hold an agreement with the University of Melbourne.
- Doctor of Medical Science
- A graduate research doctorate only open to senior medical graduates of the University of Melbourne and other recognised universities. The DMedSc is designed for medical graduates to develop advanced skills in carrying out independent and sustained research at the doctoral research level.
- Master of Medicine (by Research)
- The course is available to medical graduates of at least two years standing and not less than two years experience as a medical officer in a hospital affiliated to an appropriate university for the purpose of teaching.
- Master of Medicine (Radiology)
- The course provides students with the knowledge required for accurate interpretation of medical imaging modalities employed in modern radiology. Learn how to perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and to make appropriate clinical decisions.
- Master of Primary Health Care
- The course enables students to undertake a major research project on a primary health care topic of their choice. Students will have appropriately experienced supervisor/s and an Advisory Committee who in consultation, arranges a course of supervised research designed to suit the individual requirements and interests of the student
- Bachelor of Medical Science
If you’re a professional interested in enhancing your clinical and practice-research skills in narrative therapy and community work, sign up to learn more about our Master of Narrative Therapy and Community Work course.
Narrative approaches to therapy and community work are used by social workers, psychologists, community development workers, nurses, teachers, doctors, and other health professionals in a wide range of practice settings.
The Master of Narrative Therapy and Community Work is a postgraduate specialist qualification for professionals interested in enhancing their clinical and practice-research skills. The degree is delivered as a joint initiative of the Department of Social Work (The University of Melbourne) and The Dulwich Centre, Adelaide. The Dulwich Centre is the international centre for narrative therapy training, established by the internationally renowned social worker and narrative therapist, Michael White, in 1984.
This Masters program has been accredited by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA).
Whether you are looking to start your career in nursing (entry to practice), begin your path towards specialisation (entry to specialisation), or advance your nursing practice and set yourself up for leadership roles (advanced nursing practice), our nursing courses will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to deliver high quality care.
Start your career in Nursing
Entry to Practice
Course: Master of Nursing Science
Our Master of Nursing Science is a professional master’s degree that provides exceptional preparation for a nursing career. It is accredited by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council with graduates fully eligible for AHPRA registration.
Sign up to learn more about our Master of Nursing Science (entry to practice).
Advance your career in Nursing (CPD courses)
Entry to specialisation
Course: Graduate Certificates and Specialist Certificates
The University of Melbourne offers a suite of nursing courses designed to develop your nursing specialisation by providing you with practical learning and highly sought-after knowledge and skills relevant to your role and area of clinical practice. You will learn and be mentored by nursing experts in the field.
Applicants must be registered nurses with at least one year of experience.
Course: Master of Advanced Nursing
Applicants must have completed either a Master of Nursing Science, or a Bachelor of Nursing (or equivalent qualification); and at least one year of documented clinical experience as a Registered Nurse within the preceding five years from the time of application.
The course will prepare students for clinical leadership roles in nursing and healthcare.
Advanced nursing practice
Course: Master of Advanced Nursing Practice, Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner), Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Mental Health)
The University of Melbourne’s Department of Nursing offers a suite of advanced nursing practice courses, allowing nurses to build advanced practice skills and knowledge and preparing you for clinical leadership roles in nursing and healthcare.
Applicants must have completed either a Master of Nursing Science, or a Bachelor of Nursing (or equivalent qualification); one year of clinical experience as a registered nurse, current unrestricted registration as a Division 1 Registered Nurse with AHPRA, and current employment in a specialty area.
Department of General Practice courses
Course: Graduate Certificate and Diploma in Primary Care Nursing
This distance education course is tailored for Division 1 nurses and is developed by experienced practice nurses and general practitioners. It complements experience gained in the field and reflects the latest policy developments in primary care.
Sign up to learn more about our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses.
Optometry and Vision Sciences
If you’re interested in an exceptional preparation for a career in optometry or to upskill your practice, sign up to learn more about our courses.
Optometry is a dynamic and challenging healthcare specialisation that trains you to examine, diagnose, treat and manage diseases and disorders of the visual system and the eyes.
Entry to practice: Doctor of Optometry
The Doctor of Optometry (OD) program is the first of its kind in the southern hemisphere, creating a new benchmark in optometric education. It is an internationally recognised qualification with full accreditation from the Optometry Council of Australia and New Zealand (OCANZ).
The OD degree is a four-year full-time program consisting of a combination of on-campus teaching and clinical placements. The course covers the basic and applied optical, visual, and biomedical sciences that underpin optometry.
Research in the Vision Sciences
The department has 13 principal research groups that investigate a vast range of topics related to vision science and optometry, including clinic-based research and laboratory-based research on the eye and brain in health and disease.
If you want to undertake a research study in the department, especially doing Honours or a Master of Biomedical Science in Vision Science visit - Research in Vision Sciences
Advance your career
- Master of Clinical Optometry
- Designed to be compatible with the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) requirements of the Optometry Board of Australia, the Master of Optometry offers recognisable CPD outcomes for optometrists in a structure that is manageable for working professionals.
- Registration to practice in Australia is NOT granted on completion of this course.
- Specialist Certificate in Anterior and Dry Eye Disorders
- The subject will provide optometrists with the tools necessary to develop a deeper, evidence-based understanding of anterior eye disease, including dry eye, thus empowering them to improve their clinical skills.
- Registration to practice in Australia is NOT granted on completion of this course
- Specialist Certificate in Eye Banking
- This is a post-graduate professional level program, accredited by the Eye Bank Association of Australia and New Zealand, providing comprehensive training for those already working in the eye banking sector.
- Master of Clinical Optometry
If you’re experienced in a medical, nursing, scientific or allied health environments interested in upskilling in palliative care, sign up to learn more about our courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Palliative Care
- Specialist Certificate in Palliative Care
- Specialist Certificate in Palliative Care - Hume
Physiotherapy / Sports and Rehabilitation Science
Sign up to learn more about our courses in Physiotherapy.
Students in Physiotherapy can expect dynamic and interactive learning through the structure of our academic programs, outstanding clinical placements and innovation in use of e-learning, all being informed by current evidence and best practice.
Entry to Practice: Doctor of Physiotherapy
Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) graduates will be work-ready and immediately employable following registration having gained diverse clinical experience in major hospitals and knowledge of primary healthcare and community engagement.
Graduates have the opportunity to pursue careers in a range of health settings including hospitals, private practice, sporting and rehabilitation facilities, community organisations or as an advisor to government or industry bodies. This degree provides opportunities to study and work overseas.
Advance your career in Physiotherapy
Graduate Certificate in Physiotherapy applicants must have qualified to practise as physiotherapists and should normally have at least two years clinical experience with one of the two years preferably being in the area of course specialisation.
- Graduate Certificate in Physiotherapy (Exercise and Women's Health)
- Graduate Certificate in Physiotherapy (Paediatrics)
- Graduate Certificate in Physiotherapy (Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy)
- Specialist Certificate in Paediatric Orthopaedic Physiotherapy
- The Specialist Certificate is designed for senior physiotherapists who specialise in paediatrics or musculoskeletal practice.
SPORTS AND REHABILITATION SCIENCE
Sign up to learn more about our courses in sports and rehabilitation science
Build on your existing knowledge and skills to identify and analyse the many factors that influence health and wellbeing. Learn how to design and implement rehabilitation strategies at both an individual and group level in a holistic fashion, using a contemporary, person-centered approach.
- Graduate Certificate in Rehabilitation Science
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Medicine
- Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Science
- Graduate Diploma in Sports Medicine
- Master of Rehabilitation Science
- Master of Sports Rehabilitation
- Specialist Certificate in Rehabilitation Science
If you are a medical practitioner, interested in advancing your psychiatry knowledge, skills and career, sign up to learn more about our courses:
- Master of Psychiatry (On campus)
- Master of Psychiatry (Online)
Advance your existing medical career
The Master of Psychiatry is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the core and specialties of psychiatry in order to provide outstanding clinical care to patients. If you are a medical practitioner looking for an opportunity to advance your psychiatry knowledge, skills and career, this course is for you.
This course will also provide you with a much more holistic, less traditional view of the field. You will explore the principles of hope, recovery and quality of life by hearing directly from patients suffering from mental health issues, and through the use of authentic case scenarios that emulate the clinical experience.
Fully accredited for training
Delivered by world leading experts from the Department of Psychiatry and accredited by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) for training purposes.
If you’re interested in an exceptional preparation for a career in clinical psychology, upskilling in your clinical practice or applied psychology, sign up to learn more about our courses.
Our programs in Psychology
If you do not have a background in Psychology...
Course: Graduate Diploma in Psychology
The Graduate Diploma in Psychology is designed for graduates of other disciplines who may be interested in changing career direction and eventually qualifying as a registered psychologist, or for those who wish to study psychology simply out of interest in the discipline.
The course is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC).
Fourth Year program
Graduates with a three-year undergraduate psychology APAC accredited sequence may be eligible to study one of the following fourth year courses:
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced): requires a Bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification) that does not qualify for entry to BA (Hons) in Arts or BSc (Hons) in Science, or a combined Honours program. Course code: GDA-PSYCH
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours): requires completion of a Bachelor of Arts degree. Course code: BH-ARTS
- Bachelor of Science (Honours): requires a Bachelor of Science degree (or an equivalent qualification recognised by the Faculty of Science). Course code: BH-SCI
- Bachelor of Biomedicine (Honours): requires a Bachelor of Biomedicine degree (or an equivalent qualification recognised by the Faculty of MDHS). Course code: BH-BIO
Course: Master of Applied Psychology
Designed for psychology graduates who want to develop practical skills in the applications of psychology and to employ them in the world of business; government; the non-profit sector; marketing, consumer and social research; and health.
Subjects will cover social psychology, influence and persuasion, the psychology of advertising and communications, judgement and decision-making, attitude and behaviour change, consumer psychology, research methods and data analysis.
The Master of Applied Psychology does not carry professional accreditation and is not a pathway to professional registration as a psychologist.
Qualifying as an accredited psychologist
To become a professionally accredited psychologist, study the APAC-accredited 125-point Psychology major sequence, undertake a fourth year (honours year) in Psychology, then progress to a masters degree or combined masters and PhD:
Public and Social Health
If you’re interested in an exceptional preparation for a career in public and social health, sign up to learn more about our courses.
Course: Master of Public Health (MPH)
The program will appeal to those who want to move into the field of public health, as well as those who already work within a public health or health related field and are preparing for advancement in their organisation or field, or seeking to broaden their knowledge and skill set.
Within the course students are exposed to the core foundations of public health theory and practice and also have the opportunity to specialise in the advanced public health training streams offered through the University of Melbourne.
Specialisations are offered in the fields of Ageing, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Gender and Women’s Health, Global Health, Health Program Evaluation, Health Economics and Economic Evaluation, Health Social Sciences, Indigenous Health, Primary Care, Sexual Health.
Your professional background could be in health sciences or mathematics – this degree suits both, but you must have an aptitude for mathematics. You can benefit from interaction with local biostatistics experts and also have access to academic biostatisticians located throughout Australia via our affiliation with the Biostatistics Collaboration of Australia.
As a graduate, many opportunities await. With the practical skills you have learnt working with data from the health sciences, you may apply for the position of biostatistician at medical and public health research centres, universities, hospitals, government departments, pharmaceutical and medical-device companies.
- Master of Biostatistics
- The degree encompasses the design of advanced experiments and the collection, summary, interpretation and communication of data analysis to health professionals. This degree covers all the necessary statistical theory, and the emphasis throughout is on the application and adaptation of computational analysis using current health datasets.
- Graduate Diploma in Biostatistics
- Master of Biostatistics
Advance your career
- Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics and Digital Health
- Graduate Certificate in Sexual Health
- Graduate Certificate in Transfusion Practice
- Specialist Certificate in Blood Management Foundations
- Specialist Certificate in Creativity and Health
- Specialist Certificate in Glaucoma and Retinal Disease
- Specialist Certificate in Implementation Science
- Specialist Certificate in Neonatal Care
- Specialist Certificate in Service Navigation
Our many valued members of staff, partners and collaborators support the desire to transform health systems and healthcare delivery, reduce the costs of those systems, and improve the lives of individuals and communities locally and globally.
If you’re interested in research themes that transform health systems and healthcare delivery, reduce the costs of those systems, and improve the lives of individuals and communities locally and globally, register to learn more about our courses.
Click the links to register for updates. Courses include:
- Bachelor of Biomedicine (Honours)
- Master of Biomedical Science
- Master of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Medical Science
- Master of Psychology (Clinical Psychology)/Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Psychology (Clinical Neuropsychology)/Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Medicine
- Master of Advanced Social Work
- Master of Primary Health Care
- Master of Surgery
If you’re a medical professional interested in upskilling in surgical sciences, sign up to learn more about our courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Surgical Education
- Graduate Certificate in Surgical Science
- Graduate Diploma in Surgical Anatomy
- Graduate Diploma in Surgical Education
- Graduate Diploma in Surgical Science
- Master of Surgery
- Master of Surgical Education
Youth Mental Health
If you’re a healthcare professional working in a range of clinical and community settings and interested in upskilling in youth mental health, sign up to learn more about our courses:
- Graduate Certificate in Managing Youth Self-Harm and Suicide
- Graduate Certificate in Youth Mental Health
- Graduate Diploma in Youth Mental Health
- Master of Youth Mental Health
Our courses in Youth Mental Health have been developed in close consultation with Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health, a global leader of research in the field. As a student, you will have access to expert knowledge and the latest theory, research and evidence-based approaches in this specialised and rapidly-evolving area of mental health. This course is suitable for health professionals working across a range of community and clinical settings who are looking to enhance or focus their skills and capacity to work with young people in creative ways.
The Graduate Certificate in Managing Youth Self-Harm and Suicide has been developed by the University of Melbourne’s Centre for Youth Mental Health in collaboration with Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health to equip the mental health workforce with the latest theory, research and evidence-based practice guidelines on the detection, prevention and management of self-harm and suicide-related behaviours in young people.
For those interested in an exceptional preparation for a career in social work or are looking for advanced training, sign up to learn more about our courses.
The Master of Social Work (MSW) is one of the first masters degrees accredited nationally by the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) and has been determined to meet the Australian Social Work Education and Accreditation Standards (ASWEAS). A master’s degree in social work is a portable qualification, enabling you to work nationally or internationally.
Through the theoretical and practical curricula of the MSW degree, its graduates will be professional social workers who are academically excellent, knowledgeable across disciplines, leaders in communities, attuned to cultural diversity, and active global citizens.
Graduates may progress to a range of other graduate programs including the Master of Advanced Social Work (Research), Master of Philosophy or the Doctor of Philosophy.