The Executive Council is comprised of 2 co-chairs, 2 co-secretaries, a treasurer and the head of Committees.
The Co-Chairs work cooperatively to drive action by the ECR Network Committee and act as an advocate for ECR interests within the Faculty.
- Co-Chairs: George Taiaroa (School of Biomedical Sciences) & Kelly Kirkland (Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences).
The Secretary facilitates communication within the Executive Council and subcommittees in close co-operation with our Co-Chairs.
The Treasurer is responsible for coordinating the networks finances. They work closely with Faculty funding sources and liaise with the Sponsorship subcommittee regarding incoming sponsorship funds.
- Treasurer: This position is currently open (email here to express interest)
The advocacy subcommittee has a focus on the interface with MDHS faculty, providing coordinated efforts to advance and advocate for early career-related issues at relevant faculty committees and meetings. This subcommittee includes individuals participating at the Faculty Research Committee, School Research Committees, Faculty Diversity and Inclusion Action Committee, Chancellery Research Development Unit meetings and others.
- Head of Advocacy: This position is currently open (email here to express interest)
The events subcommittee has a focus on the planning and delivery of early career related events, both those led by the group and those in collaboration with other groups with shared interest. These include annual symposia and townhalls, alongside smaller events focused on relevant skills (writing, reviewing, leadership), application to given grant schemes (NHMRC, ARC) and social gatherings.
- Heads of Events: Liam Sharkey (School of Biomedical Sciences) & Dinh Bui (Melbourne School of Population and Global Health).
Communications & Outreach
The communications subcommittee has a focus on maintaining and strengthening the connections between the MDHS early career academic group, sharing relevant material, events and opportunities through the email list, as well as continuing the social media presence of the group.
- Heads of Communications & Outreach: This position is currently open (email here to express interest)