Message from the Dean, 21 July 2020
What a rollercoaster of a week it has been. The numbers have been going up and down, and face masks are soon to be mandatory in Melbourne and Mitchell Shire.
Thank you to all who have sent in their wellbeing strategies – it's great to hear from you and I encourage everyone to continue sharing these.
In this video update I cover:
- An important COVID-19 discovery from the Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the Doherty Institute about why some people experience mild symptoms while others get seriously ill
- The latest in COVID science, including a study that showed promising antibody responses for a vaccine that's under development, and another study that followed the responses of 90 infected individuals and showed their antibodies seem to be going down
- A special bonus episode of Life Beyond Coronavirus: The Way out of Lockdown, featuring Professors Sharon Lewin AO, Cathy Humphreys, and Tony Blakely. The episode asks: how did Victoria get here; what impact will another six weeks of lockdown have on our community; and what must we do differently this time around?
- A new free course developed by the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences and MSPACE on resilience techniques for improving wellbeing
- Some highlights from the many wellbeing messages I have received from you over the past week
As always, for the latest on the University response please visit the COVID-19 page.
I hope you have a wonderful week. Stay safe and keep well.