Message from the Dean, 12 October 2020
It’s been another eventful week for us – both at work and in the news cycle.
Just this morning, the Victorian Government released a daily case number of 15, which means that it is no longer possible to meet the target of a 14-day average under five by 19 October, and Premier Daniel Andrews has flagged that targets may need to be reconsidered.
So in today's video message, we look at this topic and others including:
- Australia’s commitment to join the global vaccines facility known as COVAX
- Implications of the Federal Budget’s job-ready graduates package and one billion dollars in research spending
- The consultation period relating to the Voluntary Redundancy Program as per last week’s email from the Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)
- MDHS’ inaugural Indigenous Postdoctoral Fellowship
- The ‘One foot forward’ walking challenge to raise funds to support mental health research and services
- More great ideas to stay connected with colleagues (and please keep sending your ideas for inclusion in future updates!)
Stay safe and keep well, and as always keep up to date with the latest information on the University's COVID-19 response by regularly checking the dedicated page.