Use the below contacts for information about University-level funding opportunities, programs, events and support.
Business Development Directors and Managers with senior industry experience are embedded within all faculties.
We are the entry point to a range of University services that help the academic community engage with industry, pursue research sponsorship and tender opportunities, develop contract research proposals, and protect and commercialise intellectual assets.
If you are unsure of your faculty contact, reach out to your Business Development Cluster Lead:
- Andrew Rudge, Business Development Cluster Lead (STEM)
- Kailesh Gunesh, Business Development Cluster Lead (HASS)
- Paul Barrett, Business Development Cluster Lead (MDHS)
For information on Translating Research at Melbourne program, contact the TRAM team.
For undergraduate students
The Melbourne Accelerator Program delivers a number of programs, workshops and events open to students. For more information, contact the MAP team.
For founders and prospective founders (students and researchers)
The University of Melbourne Genesis Ventures and Pre-Seed Fund team supports the creation of successful new ventures that optimise the impact of University research and innovations and achieve a commercial return for the University and investors.
The team works closely with the University’s venture capital investment partners who provide financial support to ventures that have genuine commercial potential.
Email the team: UoMfirstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the Melbourne Accelerator Program, contact the MAP team.
Contact email@example.com for queries and information about:
- Faculty funding schemes, such as the Innovation Fund, the Dean's Innovation Grants and the Michael Hirshorn Medical Research Commercialisation Fund.
- Events and programs managed by the faculty innovation and enterprise portfolio, including the Leaders' Lunch series and Student Bootcamps.
- Governance of the faculty innovation and enterprise portfolio.