Vacation Research Scholarship
- Study level
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Anatomy and Neuroscience
- Company donation
- Fund source
- Non- Trust
Undergraduate Science and Biomedical Science students have the opportunity to undertake 4-6 weeks work full time on a project within the Department of Anatomy and Physiology.
The work performed is not for credit but a report of the work is required at the end of the scholarship period. The scholarship covers research projects conducted within laboratories of the Department of Anatomy and Physiology.
The scholarships can be held for 4-6 weeks by arrangement with your supervisor. In the Vacation Scholarship, the student will work in their supervisor’s laboratory on the design, execution and analysis of a series of experiments. It is important that a student first obtain the agreement of a supervisor before completing this form.
The scholarship is tax free and will be paid as lump sum midway through your tenure.
Four scholarships per annum each with a value of $2,000.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
- Research project must be aligned with one of the following disciplines: Anatomy, Cell and Developmental Biology or Neuroscience. (Students with Physiology disciplines projects are encouraged to apply for the RD Wright Studentship)
- Student must have discussed the scholarship project with a supervisor in the department and have supervisor approval.
- The student cannot be enrolled in BIOM30003 or SCIE30001 and the project work cannot be used for academic credit.
- Students must have completed at least 250points in their University of Melbourne Bachelor degree.
- In the case of multiple applications, awards are made on academic merit.
Recipients will be selected based on:
- Alignment of project to the discipline’s areas of Anatomy, Cell and Developmental Biology or Neuroscience.
- Academic Merit
Students need to submit the application form by the due date.
2021/2022 Applications due: 03/12/2021
2021/2022 Successful applicants will be advised by 24/12/2021.
Please contact BiomedSci-AcademicServices@unimelb.edu.au
Department / Centre
Anatomy and Neuroscience