Vacation Research Scholarships
- Study level
- Graduate Coursework
- Study Area
- Anatomy and Neuroscience
- Fund source
- Non- Trust
A number of external organisations offer Summer Vacation Scholarship opportunities:
- Multiple Sclerosis Research Australia - Applications close 29 July 2016. Application details: www.msra.org.au/scholarships
- The Cancer Council of Victoria - Applications usually close mid-September (check the site below for updates) Application details: www.cancervic.org.au/about-our-research/biomedical/research_sum_vacation_studentships
- The opportunity to undertake a research project over a period of six or eight weeks between November, 2016 and February, 2017.
- Supervision by high quality researchers.
- Excellent research facilities.
- Payment depends on the scholarship you apply for (more details available through the funding bodies listed above)
When applications are open you will need to:
- Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria for the Vacation Scholarships.
- Check the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics' Research webpages and identify the laboratories with research interests relevant to these funding bodies.
- Contact the laboratory head via email and state that you are interested in conducting a Vacation Research Scholarship and the funding body you intend to approach. It is important that you attach a copy of your academic record at this stage as these scholarships are usually highly competitive. NB: You need to do this well ahead of the application deadline.
- If the laboratory head is willing to supervise you, together, you will decide upon a project and discuss the application process.
- Upon completion of the appropriate application form and obtaining relevant signatures, submit the application by the relevant closing date (see above dates).
Multiple Sclerosis Research Australia
Application form & details - www.msra.org.au/scholarships. Applications close 29 July 2016.
The Cancer Council of Victoria
Application form & details - http://www.cancervic.org.au/research/biomedical/research_sum_vacation_studentships. Applications usually close mid-September (check the site for updates).
Dr Graham Mackay
Email: Dr Graham Mackay or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +61 3 8344 3932
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
Level 8, Medical Building (No. 181)
University of Melbourne Victoria 3010
Department / Centre
Anatomy and Neuroscience