Simon Pearce Bursary
- 1st Jul 2019
- 31st Jul 2019
- Study level
- Graduate Coursework
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Audiology and Speech Pathology
- Fund source
- Expendable Gift
Donor: Drs Chris and Betty Pearce. The scholarship memorialises the late Simon Pearce, a student of the Master of Speech Pathology.
One scholarship to be awarded annually valued at $3,000.00.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
Students must be enrolled in the Master of Speech Pathology.
Preference will be given to students who are having difficulties in meeting the study or practicum requirements of their degree due to:
- Physical illness
- Financial need.
The scholarship will be awarded to the student who demonstrates the most compelling case for support. The selection panel will determine the successful recipient of the award with consideration to other awards and financial assistance received this year.
Eligible students must submit by the closing date:
- An online Financial Aid Grant application through Melbourne Scholarships (this will assess physical illness, disability or financial need and other elements of disadvantage) AND
- An application form including a brief written submission (max 500 words) including:
- a statement outlining their sense of vocation and interest in the field of speech pathology,
- a statement outlining how the scholarship will help them.
The recipient will be notified within 4-6 weeks of the closing date.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recipient will provide a 500 word report on the benefits of the scholarship, required within twelve months of receiving the award.