R.D. Wright Prize
- Study level
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Multiple donations
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
Donor: The Heads of the Department of Physiology, the Department of Surgery in the Austin and Repatriation General Hospitals, The Howard Florey Institute of Experimental Physiology and Medicine and the Royal Children's Hospital. The prize memorialises Professor Roy Douglas Wright, a long standing member of staff who transformed the Faculty and significantly contributed to tertiary education. He also served as Chancellor of the University from 1980-1989.
Total fund amount to award in 2021 is $14,500.
Category 1 - $1,000
Category 2 - $500
Category 3 - $500
Category 4 - $1,000
Category 5 - $2,000
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
1. Awarded annually to the student enrolled in the course for the degree of Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Biomedical Science with the highest aggregate mark in second and third year physiology subjects.
2. Top student in PHYS20008 (second-year BSc; prior year)
3. Top student in BIOM20002 (second-year BBiomed; prior year)
4. Top student in 3rd yr (only) Physiology subjects (must have completed PHYS30008 )
5. Top Honours student in Physiology (prior year)
Selection based on results from the previous calendar year as per the eligibility criteria.
Prize recipients will be advised in writing in Semester One of the following academic year.
Please contact BiomedSci-AcademicServices@unimelb.edu.au
The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
1 - Anonymous
2 - Abby Burrows
3 - Jillian Lu
4 - Emily Adams
5 - Anton Trask-Marino, Nathan Higgins. Stuart Plenderleith
1 - Sophia Jester
2 - Simon Ou, Zhong Xien Yeoh
3 - Sannan Nadir
4 - Elena Christopoulos
5 - Camille Devereux, Amanuiel Taddese
Department / Centre
Anatomy and Physiology