Nick Christopher PhD Scholarship
- 31st Mar 2019
- Study level
- Graduate Research
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Fund source
- Non- Trust
- Academic achievements
- Awards and Prizes
- Community service/Professional degrees/Work in Health area - this refers to any service undertaken as "external activities, above and beyond" usual employment expectations.
- Level of Opportunity – this considers the level of opportunities available to the student in terms of gaining accomplishments e.g Honours students/fresh graduates compared to others who have had many years of professional/research experience.
- Support for Department - this considers the extent of the student’s potential/existing support for the department they are enrolled in, e.g. participation in Departmental/campus activities, StORM committee/member involvement.
$6000 p.a. for three years
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
- Enrolment date should be between 1 April of the year prior to application and 31 March of the year of the application.
- Obtained a competitive peer-reviewed Scholarship (e.g. RTP, MRS-INT) or equivalent competitive scholarship from NHMRC or external organisation, and accepted the offer to study in any Department at Parkville (Medicine and Radiology, Surgery, Psychiatry, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Clinical Pathology).
- Awarded a Full time scholarship for at least 3 years (or duration) of the PhD.
- For students who have an existing studentship or will have other top-up scholarship/s - that amount plus the Nick Christopher scholarship of $6000 p.a. (if you are successful), cannot exceed 75% of the value of your current scholarship.
Please compile all the following information in a single document, with Headings in the order as listed below:
- With Medical Fellowships, please provide name of fellowship, date awarded and details of the fellowship, e.g. general description, criteria of award, etc.
- With Awards/Scholarships/Studentships, please include full details such as Name of award, awarding institution, name of provider of studentship, the monetary value, award start and end dates, research/study the award is supporting, etc.
- With Publications, please list only those which are peer-reviewed (so exclude abstracts, letters, etc) and also indicate your contribution to the publication/s in terms of estimated % contribution.
2. A report (maximum length of 2 pages) which must address the key selection criteria. We suggest one paragraph per selection criteria item, in the order as follows:
- Project outline
- Demonstrated commitment to a career in medical research
- Demonstration of community leadership
- Extra-curricular activities including those associated with medical research
3. An academic referee report from a previous supervisor or lecturer endorsing your application - please send the attached form to your referee to complete and ask them to either return it to you for submission or they can return it directly to the address below.
Academic Referee Report Form.
4. Certified academic transcripts from Undergraduate, Honours or Masters qualifications. (Other documents such as Awards, commendations, etc are optional).
Please send either a hardcopy or an electronic copy of your complete application to (preferred method of submission is by email and file format must be PDF only):
Ms Kim Ng (Graduate Research Programs Coordinator - Parkville)
- Tanya Lupancu, Divyangana Rakesh (2019)
- Alec Jamieson, Md Efte Kharul Sumon (2018)
- Hariharan Sugumar, Henry Zhao (2017)
- Justin Gourlay, Juliana de Castro e Silva (2016)
- Chenkai Ma, Roxanne Hastie, Madi Njie, Thomas Ware (2015)