Nathan Cochrane Scholarship
- 28th Jun 2021
- 26th Jul 2021
- Study level
- Graduate Coursework, Graduate Research
- Enrolment status
- Future student; Current student
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
The scholarship was established to support promising postgraduate students enrolled in the Melbourne Dental School.
1 x $10,000 Scholarship
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
- Be enrolled in or have applied for a PhD in Orthodontics and/or Cariology; or,
- Be enrolled in or have applied for a Doctor of Clinical Dentistry in Orthodontics (ME-DCD) and planning to engage in Cariology research.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain good academic progress of at least a pass mark in all subjects.
Based on ability to demonstrate a passion for the field of Cariology/Orthodontics and the relevance and impact their research will have on the field. A selection panel will nominate the most outstanding submissions to the Head of School who will make the final determination.
The Selection Committee will comprise of
- the Head of Research,
- the Director of Teaching and Learning and
- the Chair of the Postgraduate Research Education Committee within the School.
Students will be required to submit an expression of interest for the award outlining their interest in the field of Cariology/Orthodontics. in addition to a case for support, which will outline the impact the student’s research will have on the field, for review by the selection committee.
Successful applicants will receive an outcome via email within six weeks of the closing date.
Please contact Chau Nguyen firstname.lastname@example.org.