N A Twiss Scholarship
- 15th Feb 2021
- 2nd Apr 2021
- Study level
- Undergraduate, Graduate Coursework
- Enrolment status
- Future student; Current student
- Study Area
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
Funds are Generously donated from the estate of Noel Arthur Twiss, late of East Malvern in the State of Victoria, who died on 22 July 1970. The income from the N.A. Twiss Trust fund is applied by the University of Melbourne for the benefit and advancement generally of Dental Education in the State of Victoria. Where a person is given financial support from the fund, his or her grant is known as the Noel Arthur Twiss Scholarship.
TBA Up to two (2) Grants annually to the value of $5,000.00.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
To be eligible for the award students must be applying for or currently enrolled in:
- an Honours degree, or Master of Biomedical Science program of the Melbourne Dental School; and
- undertaking a research project/s related to dental science.
The selection committee will assess applicants for the scholarship based on:
- academic merit
- demonstrated interest and capacity to undertake a research project in the area of dental science
- terms and conditions of the trust
- financial need of the applicant
The selection committee will base its assessment on:
- academic transcripts
- submit a project proposal outlining the way in which the award will be used to pursue research in dental science.
- letter of support from the proposed research project principal supervisor
- 1-2 referee reports
- May - conduct interviews with applicants to best support clear and transparent selection processes.
- May - take into consideration financial need of the applicant
Applicants will receive an Outcome soon after close of applications, to the email address supplied in the application form.
Bridget Nelthropp - Research and Graduate Research Coordinator
Department / Centre