Miller Foundation Scholarship for Infection and Immunity (Doctorate)
- 10th Mar 2019
- 23rd Apr 2019
- Study level
- Graduate Research
- Enrolment status
- Future student; Current student; Alumnus; Other
- Study Area
- Foundation donation
- Fund source
- Expendable Gift
Applications are invited for the prestigious Miller Foundation Scholarship in Infection and Immunity. Following a generous donation to The Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity (Doherty Institute), a scholarship has been launched to support postgraduate research students with demonstrated excellence in the areas of immunology or infectious disease research that are eligible to be approved as full-time candidates for graduate research degrees in the Schools of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne.
Approximate value: $107,000 each The value listed is approximate amount for 3.5 years. One Miller Foundation Scholarships in Infection and Immunity is available for students based at the Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
The scholarships are open to students wishing to undertake their studies with departments located within The Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity (Doherty Institute). o Applicants must meet the entry requirements for PhD in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne. o Eligible local and international applicants for graduate research degrees are encouraged to apply. o Australian and international students currently enrolled in post graduate courses at the University of Melbourne are eligible to apply. o The successful awardees must enrol and commence studies before 31 Oct 2019. o Applicants must be interested in undertaking a project with a high degree of relevance to Infection and Immunity and this may include projects in discovery science, translational, clinical or public health research.
- Demonstrated excellence in the study of Infection and Immunity through the achievement of 1st class honours or equivalent.
- Demonstrated research experience in the area of Infection and Immunity 3. A University of Melbourne determined scholarship score of 80 or higher 4. Demonstrated research excellence in Infection and Immunity supported by academic referee recommendations
- Apply online for University of Melbourne PhD and for Scholarships o Applicants must be interested in undertaking a project with a high degree of relevance to Infection and Immunity and this may include projects in discovery science, translational, clinical or public health research.
- Rreview the Millers Foundation Scholarship Selection Criteria and consider your eligibility in making an application.
- Review the entry requirements for PhD in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, University of Melbourne.
- Review supervisors/researchers at the Doherty Institute to identify who you would like to work with, using the website: http://www.doherty.edu.au/
- Make contact with the potential supervisor and discuss your interest in commencing PhD studies and in applying for the Millers Foundation Scholarship. If your supervisor endorses you to proceed, he or she will provide you with an email indicating support, please include this with your formal application.
- Complete the University of Melbourne online appliction and submit before 23 April 2019: https://study.unimelb.edu.au/find/courses/graduate/doctor-of-philosophy-medicine-dentistry-and-health-sciences/ (Use PhD course code: DR-PHILMDH).
- Once complete, submit your Expression of Interest for the Miller Foundation Scholarship to the Faculty’s Scholarsips team: email@example.com by 23 April 2019.
- Expression of Interest Your expression of interest for the Miller Foundation Scholarship should include the following:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Expression of Interest (2 page maximum) including:
- A brief description of the research project proposal, including details of your proposed supervisor and research group (your proposed supervisor can assist you with this)
- A clear statement of what you wish to study at the Doherty Institute and your interest in infection / immunity research
- A clear statement of your career aspirations
- The successful awardees must enrol and commence studies before 31 Oct 2019.
We will endeavour to provide you with the outcome of your formal course and scholarship application by 31 May 2019, assuming the application is complete at the time of submission.
If you have any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org