MDHS Scholarship Fund - Inspiring OD Student Award
- 1st Jun 2017
- 31st Jul 2017
- Study level
- Graduate Coursework
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Optometry and Vision Sciences
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
Donor: Commencing in 2010 the University conducted a public appeal, inviting donations from within and outside the University by an appeal form, which stated that donations were- ‘to support scholarships for students in medicine, dentistry and health sciences at The University of Melbourne.'
Read more about THE MEDICINE, DENTISTRY AND HEALTH SCIENCES SCHOLARSHIPS FUND
Collins Street Optometrists has provided the means for an annual $1000 award to recognise community engagement activities of Doctor of Optometry (OD) student in second, third or fourth year at the University of Melbourne.
A single payment of $1000.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
Applicants must be a currently enrolled (MC-DOPTOM) Doctor of Optometry (OD) student in second, third or fourth year.
First year Doctor of Optometry students are ineligible to apply.
Open to domestic and international students.
Each scholarship is awarded based on
- The scope of the community engagement activity.
- Evidence that your activities make a positive contribution to the profession and/or the community
The selection committee consists of three Department of Optometry Vision Sciences staff members, an optometrist, and a representative from Collins St Optometrists.
Students should submit a statement (no more than one page in length) that addresses the following:
- Describe the nature of your community (charitable works, volunteer activities) engagement activities over the past year, and what you gain from these activities.
- Describe and provide evidence, where possible, of how these activities have made a positive contribution to the optometric profession and the community and how your learning has influenced the activity.
- Document how many hours you spent on these activities.
- Describe how these activities will assist you in your career as an optometrist.
Students will be informed of the outcome by 14/08/2017.
A/Prof Bang Bui Chair DOVS Engagement Committee
Tel: 03 8344 7006