MDHS Indigenous Student Bursary
- Study level
- Undergraduate, Graduate Coursework
- Enrolment status
- Future student; Current student
- Study Area
- Multiple donations
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
This bursary commenced in 2022 Semster 2 to support scholarships for indigenouse students in medicine, dentistry and health sciences at The University of Melbourne.
$1,000 per semester for the duration of the course.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
To be considered for this award, students must:
- Have received an offer or enrolled in any coursework degree in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences,
- Be enrolling or enrolled Full-time, and
- Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent (identity verified via the University's Confirmation of Identity process).
All students meeting eligibility will be offered the bursary.
No application process required. All eligible students will receive the bursary.
Recipients will recieve an offer letter at the start of each enrolled semester.
Indigenous Student Success Coordinator, Learning and Teaching Unit, MDHS
Jessica Sturk - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enrolling students to be paid upon accepting course offer and accepting bursary offer. This is not subject to census dates.
- Enrolled students will be paid on the scheduled bi-annual pay dates as per Scholarships & Bursary
- Students may opt to not accept original bursary offer but can accept in any subsequent semester if requested. (GAO will review students who opted out at start of every semester)
Medical School; Biomedical Sciences; Psychological Sciences; Population and Global Health; Health Sciences; Dental School
Department / Centre