MCCC GP Rural Talent Development Award
- 16th Aug 2021
- 16th Oct 2021
- Study level
- Graduate Coursework
- Enrolment status
- Current student
This award is sponsored by Murray City Country Coast (MCCC) GP Training and has been established to encourage students with an interest in rural general practice to pursue this career pathway and to:
- Assist the development of a year four medical student to pursue rural general practice
- Provide encouragement to students to consider general practice as a career
Two awards per year, $1,000 each.
There are two offer rounds, Semester 1 and Semester 2 (one recipient per semester).
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
To be considered for this award, students must:
- Be currently enrolled in Medicine – Year 4 MD student at the University of Melbourne
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship or award
- Demonstrate an interest in rural general practice
- Provide supporting evidence as detailed in the award criteria of this demonstrated interest
- Be willing to share details with MCCC GP Training and all online/hardcopy promotions as recipient
The award will be offered to the student(s): Whose response to the four set questions best outlines their ongoing commitment to rural general practice and local communities. Each question will be weighted evenly and assessed by a panel of representatives from both organisations.
The successful recipient must consent to all promotional activities by online and hard-copy means, including websites, digital platforms, social media and any other promotional means. The successful recipient must provide a video testimonial on how they utilised the prize money and their regional plans.
Students must address the following criteria:
- Why do you want to be a rural GP? - up to 200 words
- How do you envisage contributing to the local community? - up to 200 words
- What was the most memorable experience within your GP rotation? - up to 200 words
- Provide background on rural origin or interest in rural communities - up to 200 words
Applications are now closed.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome via their university email.
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences