MCCC GP Rural Talent Development Award
- 4th Mar 2020
- 30th Apr 2020
- Study level
- Graduate Coursework
- Enrolment status
- Current student
Applications are now closed for Semester 1, 2020.
This award is sponsored by Murray City Country Coast (MCCC) GP Training and has been established to encourage students with an interest in rural general practice to pursue this career pathway and to:
- Assist the development of a year four medical student to pursue rural general practice
- Provide encouragement to students to consider general practice as a career
Two awards per year, $1,000 each
There are two offer rounds, Semester 1 and Semester 2 (one recipient per Semester).
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
To be considered for this award, students must:
- Be currently enrolled in Medicine – Year 4 MD student at the University of Melbourne
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship or award
- Demonstrate an interest in rural general practice
- Provide supporting evidence as detailed in the award criteria of this demonstrated interest
- Be willing to share details with MCCC GP Training and all online/hardcopy promotion as winner
The award will be offered to the student(s): Whose response to the four set questions best outlines their ongoing commitment to rural general practice and local communities. Each question will be weighted evenly and assessed by a panel of representatives from both organisations.
Students must address the following criteria in essay form up to the number of words specified below:
- Why do you want to be a rural GP? - up to 200 words
- How do you envisage contributing to the local community? - up to 200 words
- What was the most memorable experience within your GP rotation this year? - up to 200 words
- Provide background on rural origin or interest in rural communities - up to 200 words
Applicants will be notified of the outcome via their university email.