Hamilton Family Travel Scholarship
- Study level
- Graduate Coursework
- Scholarship; Travel
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Individual donation
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
Applications for 2018 have now closed. Applications for 2019 will open again in January.
The Hamilton Family Travel Scholarship is awarded annually to support one or more Melbourne Medical School students to travel to either remote regions in Australia or an overseas destination for the purposes of furthering their medical knowledge and gaining life experience.
The value of the scholarship for 2018 is $525.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
Open to all students enrolled in the Melbourne Medical School who are planning to travel to a remote region of Australia or an overseas destination for the purpose of furthering their medical knowledge and gaining life experience. This includes local and international full-fee paying students. The travel does not need to be a recognised part of a MMS course, and can include recognised volunteer work.
However, it is open to students who are intending to travel as part of the following units:
- Clinical Elective Placement subject (MEDS90027)
- Doctor of Medicine Research Project 2 (MEDS90026)
- Vocational Selective (MEDS90025)
Applications will be assessed based on their quality, relevance to the wider community, whether the student has previously travelled independently to remote Australia or overseas before and the student’s financial need. Consideration of a student’s financial need will be determined by their Financial Aid score as determined through their Financial Aid application.
Eligible students must submit an application consisting of:
- A personal statement (of 400 words or less) that highlights the purpose of their travel, their motivation for travelling and how it will contribute to their medical knowledge, studies and themselves as medical professionals as well as their broader life experience.
- Budget Proposal with justification
- Agreement form
- Student Financial Assessment form
Please contact the MMS Student Awards Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 - Tasmyn Soller