Hamilton Family Travel Scholarship
- 1st Sep 2021
- 30th Nov 2021
- Study level
- Graduate Coursework
- Scholarship; Travel
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Individual donation
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
The Hamilton Family Travel Scholarship is awarded annually to support one or more Melbourne Medical School students to travel to either remote regions in Australia or an overseas destination for the purposes of furthering their medical knowledge and gaining life experience.
The value of the scholarship is approximately $2,200
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
Open to all students enrolled in the Melbourne Medical School who are planning to travel to a remote region of Australia or an overseas destination for the purpose of furthering their medical knowledge and gaining life experience. This includes local and international full-fee paying students. The travel does not need to be a recognised part of an MMS course and can include recognised volunteer work.
However, it is open to students who are intending to travel as part of the following units:
- Clinical Elective Placement subject (MEDS90027)
- Doctor of Medicine Research Project 2 (MEDS90026)
- Transition to Practice (MEDS90025)
Timing of Travel
- Final year students can apply for travel completed before 31 October 2021.
- Students in Years 1-3 can apply for travel completed before 25 January 2022.
For planned travel beyond these dates, we recommend that you apply in 2022.
Applications will be assessed based on their quality, relevance to the wider community, whether the student has previously travelled independently to remote Australia or overseas before and the student’s financial need.
Consideration of a student’s financial need will be determined by their Financial Aid score as determined through their Financial Aid application.
To apply, eligible students must:
- Submit an online application form and provide the following:
- a budget proposal with justification, and
- a personal statement (400 words or less) highlights the purpose of travel and how it will contribute to their medical knowledge, studies, and themselves as medical professionals as well as their broader life experience. (Included within the budget proposal form).
- Complete the Student Financial Assessment Forum
Applications close 30 November 2021.
Please contact the MMS Student Awards Officer at email@example.com.
2020 - Nicholas Baxter
2019 - Alana Robinson, Sarah Banting
2018 - Tasmyn Soller
Department / Centre