Dame Quentin Bryce Palliative Care Nursing Research Fund
- 11th May 2023
- 26th Nov 2023
- Study level
- Graduate Research
- Enrolment status
- Future student; Current student
- Study Area
- Individual donation
- Fund source
- Expendable Gift
- Fund basis
An annual allocation of funds, used to support research costs associated with research into Palliative Care Nursing. The funds will support research in palliative care that will improve quality of care for people diagnosed with advanced disease and their families/caregivers. The funds offered by the Centre for Palliative Care (c/o St Vincent’s Hospital) and the Department of Nursing, The University of Melbourne.
Students can apply for up to 30K per annum for funds to support Graduate Research. Funding may be requested to assist you to help complete a Masters of Philosophy (MPhil) or a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). Some examples of this could be: Publication costs, conference attendance, supplementing your cost of living so you can go full-time, enrolment in coursework/professional development related to thesis, data collection or analysis costs.
Existing scholarship holders are eligible to apply (though please check the terms and conditions of your scholarship before applying).
Up to $30,000 (one off payment). More than one award may be offered per year.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
To be considered for the funds students must:
- be enrolled in a PhD or MPhil in The Department of Nursing Melbourne School of Health Sciences
- hold current registration as a clinician in Nursing or Allied Health Profession with an Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA)
- Complete the Qualtrics EOI Survey https://melbourneuni.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bfkJpGUuXCgHklU by the advertised closing date.
- Preferred candidates who are not currently enrolled in an MPhil or PhD in the Department of Nursing will be required to submit a formal application and meet the entry requirements for a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne. Applicants must complete enrolment in order to receive the award.
Applicants will be notified of an outcome by email by 22 December 2023.
Peter Blight, Academic Programs Coordinator (Research). Email: email@example.com
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Department / Centre