Arthur Lionel and Hilda Alice Swift Scholarship
- 1st Jan 2022
- 31st Jan 2022
- Study level
- Graduate Coursework
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
Donor: The late William Schuster and Norma Schuster were husband and wife. Mrs Schuster was employed from 1946 to 1973 as a bacteriologist and biochemist in the Veterinary Research Institute.
Each scholarship is to be awarded:
- For study in Medicine for the basic medical qualification, to a student enrolled or enrolling in the graduate-level doctor of Medicine degree, given that no such basic medical qualification is available at the undergraduate level at the University; or
- For graduate research in Medicine.
Approximately $60,000 available for new scholarships. Each scholarship is valued at up to $12,000 biannual payment. Students may reapply in the following year for a further scholarship, provided the student continues to maintain good academic standing, experience genuine financial need and meet all other eligibility criteria.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
To be eligible, students must submit both a Student Financial Assessment Form and an Arthur Lionel and Hilda Alice Swift scholarship application. Students must also:
- be studying the Doctor of Medicine and entering into MD2 or MD3 in the relevant Financial Aid allocation year,
- be in good academic standing, and
- be experiencing genuine financial need.
Student grants process: Recipients will be selected by the Melbourne Medical School Scholarships and Bursary Allocation Committee made up of senior professional and academic staff members of the School. The selection of recipients is based on the applicant’s financial aid ranking as provided by the University Scholarships office.
To apply, students need to submit the following online applications:
Students will be notified of the student bursary outcomes in May.
For more information about this scholarship, please contact the MMS Student Awards Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Financial Aid Grant applications, please contact Stop 1.
Department / Centre