Arthur Lionel and Hilda Alice Swift Scholarship
- 31st Jan 2018
- Study level
- Graduate Coursework
- Enrolment status
- Current student
- Study Area
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
Applications are now closed for 2018.
Donor: The late William Schuster and Norma Schuster were husband and wife. Mrs Schuster was employed from 1946 to 1973 as a bacteriologist and biochemist in the Veterinary Research Institute.
Each scholarship is to be awarded:
- For study in Medicine for the basic medical qualification, to a student enrolled or enrolling in the graduate-level doctor of Medicine degree, given that no such basic medical qualification is available at the undergraduate level at the University; or
- For graduate research in Medicine.
Scholarship payments of up to $10,000 are available. Multiple scholarships are available annually.
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
Doctor of Medicine students.
To be eligible, students must submit both a Financial Aid Grant Application, and an Arthur Lionel and Hilda Alice Swift scholarship application.
Students must also:
- be entering into MD2 or MD3 in the relevant Financial Aid allocation year,
- be in good academic standing
- be experiencing genuine financial need.
Student grants process: Recipients will be selected by the Melbourne Medical School Scholarships and Bursary Allocation Committee made up of senior professional and academic staff members of the School. The selection of recipients is based on the applicant’s financial aid ranking as provided by the University Scholarships office.
To be eligible, students need to submit:
- A Financial Aid Grant Application (online application); and,
- An Arthur Lionel and Hilda Alice Swift scholarship application (online application).
Students will be notified of the student bursary outcomes in late May / early June.
For more information about this scholarship, please contact the MMS Student Awards Officer at email@example.com.
For more information about Financial Aid Grant applications, please contact Stop 1.