If you’re interested in an exceptional preparation for a career in public and social health, sign up to learn more about our courses.
Course: Master of Public Health (MPH)
The program will appeal to those who want to move into the field of public health, as well as those who already work within a public health or health related field and are preparing for advancement in their organisation or field, or seeking to broaden their knowledge and skill set.
Within the course students are exposed to the core foundations of public health theory and practice and also have the opportunity to specialise in the advanced public health training streams offered through the University of Melbourne.
Specialisations are offered in the fields of Ageing, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Gender and Women’s Health, Global Health, Health Program Evaluation, Health Economics and Economic Evaluation, Health Social Sciences, Indigenous Health, Primary Care, Sexual Health.
Your professional background could be in health sciences or mathematics – this degree suits both, but you must have an aptitude for mathematics. You can benefit from interaction with local biostatistics experts and also have access to academic biostatisticians located throughout Australia via our affiliation with the Biostatistics Collaboration of Australia.
As a graduate, many opportunities await. With the practical skills you have learnt working with data from the health sciences, you may apply for the position of biostatistician at medical and public health research centres, universities, hospitals, government departments, pharmaceutical and medical-device companies.
- Master of Biostatistics
- The degree encompasses the design of advanced experiments and the collection, summary, interpretation and communication of data analysis to health professionals. This degree covers all the necessary statistical theory, and the emphasis throughout is on the application and adaptation of computational analysis using current health datasets.
- Graduate Diploma in Biostatistics
- Master of Biostatistics
Advance your career
- Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics and Digital Health
- Graduate Certificate in Sexual Health
- Graduate Certificate in Transfusion Practice
- Specialist Certificate in Blood Management Foundations
- Specialist Certificate in Creativity and Health
- Specialist Certificate in Glaucoma and Retinal Disease
- Specialist Certificate in Implementation Science
- Specialist Certificate in Neonatal Care
- Specialist Certificate in Service Navigation