The effect of anxiety on cardiovascular risk in healthy ageing women
- Research Opportunity
- PhD, Masters by Research, Honours, Master of Biomedical Science
- Number of Honour Places Available
- Medicine and Radiology
- Royal Melbourne Hospital
|Prof Cassandra Szoekeemail@example.com|
|Dr Stephen Campbellfirstname.lastname@example.org||Personal web page|
Mental health is a key predictor of overall health and wellbeing. Anxiety is widely considered to be positively correlated to cardiovascular risk, and is thought to be responsible for exacerbating existing cardiovascular conditions. However the precise mechanism of this pathophysiology has not yet been discovered. This project will consider whether the presence of anxiety symptoms is related to increased Cardiovascular Risk in a cohort of healthy ageing women from the Women’s Healthy Ageing Project (WHAP).
The main opportunities for thisproject are:
- An opportunityfor publication
- Hands-on involvement in participant evaluation
- Workwith a large databasewith over 20 years of lifestyledata
- This project would be suited to someone with an interest in cardiovascular health
School Research Themes
PhD, Masters by Research, Honours, Master of Biomedical Science
Students who are interested in joining this project will need to consider their elegibility as well as other requirements before contacting the supervisor of this research
For further information about this research, please contact a supervisor.
Research Group / Unit / Centre
Research NodeRoyal Melbourne Hospital
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.