Prospective study of the clinical, genetic and demographic parameters of suspected skin drug reactions in a tertiary referral hospital
- Research Opportunity
- Masters by Research, Honours
- Number of Honour Places Available
- Number of Master Places Available
- Medicine and Radiology
- Royal Melbourne Hospital
|A/Prof Johannes Kernfirstname.lastname@example.org||03 9342 4531|
|A/Prof Raymond Martyresemail@example.com||03 9342 4531||Personal web page|
|Prof Patrick Kwanfirstname.lastname@example.org||03 9342 4531|
Summary This interdisciplinary project (dermatology, neurology, pharmacy, genetics) is a prospective study of the clinical, genetic and demographic parameters of suspected skin drug reactions in a tertiary referral hospital, commenced in 2018. 75 patients have been recruited to date.
This is a prospective study commenced 2018, with ethics approval. Patients recruited at the RMH with suspected skin drug reactions. Data collection includes skin biopsy pathology, clinical and demographic details. Drug implicated confirmed with an MDT audit.
Seventy five patients recruited to date.
- Process of patient recruitment for a skin drug reaction trial will be described
- Histopathology and clinical features of skin drug reaction sin relation to culprit drugs will be described
- Risk factors (e.g. demographic) associated with skin drug reactions in a tertiary hospital setting will be identified.
Descriptive statistics will be applied to summarise results.
Faculty Research Themes
School Research Themes
Masters by Research, Honours
Students who are interested in joining this project will need to consider their elegibility as well as other requirements before contacting the supervisor of this research
For further information about this research, please contact a supervisor.
Research NodeRoyal Melbourne Hospital
MDHS Research library
Explore by researcher, school, project or topic.