Special edition of QandA on domestic violence
On Wednesday 25 November, a special episode of Q&A was screened to question the domestic violence epidemic in Australia on White Ribbon Day, also the UN International Day to Eliminate Violence Against Women.
The episode followed Hitting Home, a two-part documentary on domestic violence in Australia.
The panel, hosted by Julia Baird included:
- Minister for Women Senator Michaelia Cash
- Minister for Social Services Hon Christian Porter MP
- NT Labor Senator Nova Peris
- NSW Assistant Police Commissioner Mick Fuller
- Professor of Social Work at University of Melbourne Cathy Humphreys
- Head of Domestic Violence NSW Moo Baulch
The panel addressed funding, police and court roles, perpetrator programs, violence against men and the next generation. The video and transcript are available on the Q&A website.