MDHS recipients of 2021 Melbourne Excellence Awards
Congratulations to staff awarded 2021 Melbourne Excellence Awards on their wonderful achievements and well-deserved, University-wide recognition.
These University awards celebrate the outstanding work of academic and professional staff across key areas, including engagement, professional excellence, research, strategic priorities and teaching.
MDHS individuals and teams awarded are below. A full list of recipients is available on the Melbourne Excellence Awards website.
Award for Excellence in Engagement
- Indigenous Eye Health Unit – Professor Hugh Taylor, Associate Professor Mitchell Anjou, Walter Bathern, Jordan Bryan, Rachael Ferguson, Dr Guy Gillor, Fiona Lange, Lesley Martin, Dr Tessa Saunders, Nick Schubert, Emma Stanford, Shaun Tatipata, Nick Wilson, Carol Wynne (Centre for Health Equity, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health)
- University of Melbourne Epidemiologic Modelling Team – Professor Jodie McVernon, Professor James McCaw, Associate Professor Nic Geard, Dr Rob Moss, Dr Freya Shearer, Dr David Price, Dr Patricia Campbell, Dr Eamon Conway, Dr Christopher Baker, Dr Cameron Zachreson, Dr James Walker, Nefel Tellioglu, Associate Professor Nick Golding, Dr Rebecca Chisholm (The Peter Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research,Faculty of Science and Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology)
Bronwyn Jane Adams Memorial Award
- Sarah Marcola (Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Melbourne Medical School)
Award for Professional Excellence and Innovation
- Microbiological Diagnostic Unit (MDU) Genomics Team – Team Leaders: Professor Benjamin Howden, Dr Norelle Sherry, Associate Professor Torsten Seemann, Dr Susan Ballard, Courtney Lane, Tuyet Hoang, Dr Patiyan Andersson, Dr Michelle Sait, Mathilda Wilmot, Dr Kristy Horan. Team Members: Sandra Johnson, Dr Anne Watt, Dianne Beck, Christina Crachi, Nicole Orlando, Jessica Barnden, Samantha Tawil, Karolina Mercoulia, Wendy Larrad, Joshua Peng, Raquel Bisogno, Angela Todd, Jafar Jabbari, Steven Edwards, Phoebe Webster, Hasini Walpola, Mark Enriquez, May Chai, Miriam Dias Santilhano, Catherine Flower, Madeline Russell, Nicole Isles, Olivia Lay, Rory Macallister, Sigrid Lange, Sara Zufan, Yen Tran, Mark Bek, Simon Gleeson (Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Biomedical Sciences)
Award for Outstanding Graduate Researcher Supervision
- Professor Meredith Temple-Smith (Department of General Practice, Melbourne Medical School)
Award for Excellence in a Strategic Priority Area
- Dr Kelley Graydon, Christopher James Waterworth (Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology, Melbourne School of Health Sciences)
Cornelius Regan Trust Award
- Mariam Hachem (Department of Medicine, Melbourne Medical School)
Award for Excellence and Innovation in Indigenous Higher Education
- Master of Narrative Therapy and Community Work Team – Aunty Barbara Wingard, David Denborough, Tileah Drahm-Butler, David Rose, Cheryl White, Ian Maund, Cat Smith and Manja Visschedijk. Current Indigenous participants in Master of Narrative Therapy and Community Work: Danita Martin, Debra Bowman, Janneen Wanganeen, Joseph Oui, Katie Christensen, Patricia Kemp, Tjunkaya Ken, Kylie Ellis, Noel Rasleigh, Louisa Bonner, Shannon Turner, Leanne Levinge, Kimberley Harrison (Department of Social Work, Melbourne School of Health Sciences, and Dulwich Centre)