Message from the Dean, 4 August 2020
What a week it has been. Just about a month ago we were thinking we would be returning to campus about now. How things have changed.
Please stay up to date with the latest information on the University's COVID-19 response by regularly checking the dedicated page.
In my latest video message I cover:
- Data on another vaccine has been published, this time out of China, with heartening results that ought to give us hope
- Our Faculty was recognised with seven 2020 Melbourne Excellence Awards, several recipients had previously won MDHS Staff Excellence Awards
- Applications are open for the 2021 Dame Kate Campbell Fellowships, which recognise and reward high performing researchers - closing dates differ by academic level, however all applicants will need to meet a minimum data deadline of Friday 7 August 2020
- A well-being message from Professor Alastair Sloan, Head of the Melbourne Dental School, about how he's using music to get through lockdown
- A few more entries for the Dean's well-being competition, with a special focus on pets, including Bachelor of Biomedicine student Ethan Michael and his pet Bernese Mountain dog, and Melbourne Dental School Senior Lecturer Dr Rita Hardiman and her guinea pigs
It's been wonderful to hear from many of you throughout this time. Please keep sending your well-being strategies for looking after your mental and physical health during lockdown. You'll also go into the draw to win a prize pack.
Stay safe and keep well.