Message from the Dean, 19 October 2020
With the easing of some restrictions in Victoria over the weekend, I want to acknowledge the hundreds of colleagues who have worked hard to make this possible.
From our colleagues at the Doherty Institute who have been at the centre of the science, to our Department of Rural Health who support their community in Shepparton, and to our many colleagues working in clinics and hospitals across Melbourne, I salute you. I am delighted that we are now on the path to recovery.
In today's video message, I also cover:
- Upcoming Faculty roadshows for staff to hear from me, our COO Andrew Stott and our Heads of School about plans for the rest of 2020 and returning to campus safely, please join us by registering here
- Two distinguished University prizes went to our Faculty this week, congratulations to Professor Sharon Goldfeld who has been awarded the Marles Medal in STEM and Professor Bruce Campbell who was awarded the Woodward Medal in STEM
- Congratulations also to the six MDHS staff members who were elected Fellows of the Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences (AAHMS) in recognition of their outstanding contributions to health and medical research, read more here
- Please keep sending your ideas your ideas for staying connected – this week the MDHS Finance team came up with a fun way of connecting by running a 'guess the baby' photo competition
- And thank you to the Melbourne Dental Student Society who shared kind notes of appreciation for their teachers under the #MDSSLoveLetters hashtag
Keep up to date with the latest information on the University's COVID-19 response by regularly checking the dedicated page.
Wishing you a wonderful week.