Message from the Dean, 14 July 2020
I wasn't planning to be making more broadcasts from home, but here we are. What a change it has been in the last two weeks. I hope you are all well, despite the rollercoaster in Victoria.
For the latest on the University response please visit the COVID-19 page.
What will you be doing to stay healthy and positive over the coming weeks? Please get in touch and tell me, so I can share it in future videos and others can benefit too. A prize will be awarded for the most innovative wellbeing strategy I hear about.
In this video update I cover:
- The role of face masks to support our public health response, and the evidence behind this advice
- How our COVID-19 response has not only contained the spread of coronavirus, but also reduced transmission of other influenza-like illness
- The recent Faculty staff townhall meetings (recordings of which are available at this link) and the messages of hope shared by our Heads of Schools
- What I'll be doing differently in lockdown this time around, to support my own wellbeing
- The launch of the 2020 Dean's Innovation Grants and how you can apply
Watch through to the end to see the stunning photographs of Altona Beach our colleague Libby O’Sullivan has been sending her team to stay connected and brighten their days (and a special thank you to Terese Masters for turning these into a beautiful montage).
I hope you have a wonderful week. Stay safe, keep well and don't forget your mask.