Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Supporting your return to campus
- Non-standard start and finish times: Start and finish times vary within regular contracted hours of duty. Hours are based on the employee’s needs and approved by a supervisor.
- Compressed working week: Working fulltime hours in less than the traditional 5-day workweek by increasing daily hours worked.
- Purchased leave: The University has several leave options for you to consider, please contact HR Assist for more detail.
- Part-time hours: A reduction in number of hours worked per week or fortnight. This requires a balance between a staff member’s personal requirements, role requirements and impact on requestee’s team.
- Transition period part-time: Staff member gradually returning to work after a major life event (e.g., birth or an adoption of a child) by working part-time for a set period of time and eventually returning to full-time work.
- Job share: No more than two staff members sharing the duties of one full-time position with each staff member working part-time. Each job share partner will have the same position title and position description. This arrangement is appropriate when the responsibilities are distinct and easily separated.
- Transition to Retirement: The University have several retirement options for you to consider, please refer to the retirement procedure *hyperlink* or contact your local HR representative for more detail.
- Working from home: Work one or some of your working pattern from home. Working from home arrangements requires consideration of health and safety requirements.
- Alternate work location: Work at another University of Melbourne building or campus alternate to your official place of work.