Noel Arthur Twiss Scholarship
- Study level
- Undergraduate; Graduate Coursework; Graduate Research
- Study Area
- Fund source
- Perpetual Trust (UOM)
- Fund basis
Donor: Noel Arthur Twiss (1970), for the benefit and advancement generally of Dental Education in the State of Victoria.
Up to $50,000
Disclaimer: The benefit amount for this award is approximate. It will be confirmed at the time of awarding and determined by the committee according to the terms of the award.
To be eligible for the award students must be:
- Currently enrolled in
- Bachelor of Oral Health
- Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Doctor of Clinical Dentistry
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry (Implants)
- Bachelor of Oral Health (Degree with Honours)
- Bachelor of Biomedicine (Degree with Honours) with an approved Oral Health research project
- Bachelor of Science (Degree with Honours) with an approved Oral Health research project
- Master of Philosophy
- PhD; OR
- Intend to commence such a program at the University of Melbourne
For candidates not enrolled at the University, receipt of the award is contingent on accepting an offer to study at the University.
The award(s) be granted from time to time to a student(s) by application who intends to or is currently completing a qualification offered within Melbourne Dental School.
A selection committee will determine the successful recipient(s) with the most compelling case for use of the funds of the award, based on nominations forwarded to the Head of School from either staff or students.
The committee consists of at least the following:
- Two nominees of the Head of the Melbourne Dental School; and
- MDS Director of Research; and
- Director of Teaching & Learning at Melbourne Dental School.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within two months of the conclusion of the award, the recipient will provide a report outlining the key achievements from the program of study undertaken. If the recipient holds the award for more than one year they must submit a progress report at the end of each year and be subject to committee satisfaction before the next annual payment can be made.