Applications may be lodged at any time throughout the calendar year. The time frames below apply to:
- applications the University considers 'complete' ***
- to course applications and also to the following funding schemes: Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (formerly APA and IPRS), MRS and MDHS Graduate Research Trust Scholarships.
Applications that are incomplete will take longer to assess, up to 12 weeks or longer in some cases.
*** Applications are assessed for course and/or scholarship only when the University considers the application is complete and once the application has received support from the proposed Academic Unit and the Faculty. Please refer to the University admissions website for definitions of a 'complete' application.
|Applications Close||Applicants Notified of Outcome|
Major Round: 4 November 2016
16 December 2016
30 November 2016
24 February 2017
9 March 2017
28 April 2017
26 May 2017
14 July 2017
Notes and definitions:
- Applications may still be lodged outside the time frames above but assessment periods will vary based on the individual application.
- The majority of scholarships are awarded between 31 October 2016 - 28 April 2017. For this reason, applicants are encouraged to submit applications by 31 October.
- The faculty cannot guarantee all scholarship schemes will be available in all rounds.
- The faculty defines "notification of outcome" as one of the following: offer, unsuccessful, under consideration.
- An application that is not supported by the proposed Academic Unit cannot be considered for course or scholarship by the Faculty.
- Additional rounds may be advertised for specific schemes (eg. MDHS Graduate Research Trust Scholarships). Refer to individual schemes for details.
- The 26 May closing dates is scheduled to allow for Semester 2, 2017 commencement.
The Faculty reserves the right to alter timelines and dates subject to requirements. Check this website for any changes prior to submission of your application.
For further information please contact Research Development.