The Faculty has four closing dates for graduate research applications in 2017.
Graduate Research Applications may be lodged at any time throughout the calendar year. The time frames below apply to:
- applications the University considers 'complete'***
- to course applications and also to the following funding schemes: Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships, Graduate Research Scholarships and MDHS Graduate Research Trust Scholarships.
Applications that are incomplete will take longer to assess, up to 12 weeks or longer in some cases.
*** Applications are assessed for course and/or scholarship only when the University considers the application is complete and once the application has received support from the proposed Academic Unit and the Faculty. Please refer to the University admissions website for definitions of a 'complete' application.
|Applications Close||Applicants Notified of Outcome|
31 October 2017
15 December 2017
29 November 2017
23 February 2018
7 March 2018
11 May 2018
23 May 2018
13 July 2018
Notes and definitions:
- Graduate research applicants should discuss a preferred commencement date with their proposed supervisor and include this information with their application. MDHS research students may commence their studies (enrol) between 1 March and 31 October each year. Enrolment outside this period is not recommended due to assessment timeframes, University closure periods, staff leave and grant writing commitments in the period November-February.
- The majority of scholarships will be awarded by 23 February 2018.
- All students are encouraged to submit applications by 31 October in order to be considered for the majority of scholarships available.
- The faculty does not guarantee scholarships will be available in all rounds.
- Applicants are considered for scholarships once their application is considered complete and when the application receives the support of the proposed academic unit and Faculty.
- Additional rounds may be advertised for specific scholarships (eg. MDHS Graduate Research Trust Scholarships).
- The 23 May closing date is scheduled to allow for Semester 2, 2017 commencement.
The Faculty reserves the right to alter timelines and dates subject to requirements. Check this website for any changes prior to submission of your application.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org