Lifestyle Factors and Cognitive Health
- Research Opportunity
- PhD, Masters by Research, Honours, Master of Biomedical Science
- Project Status
- Medicine and Radiology
- Royal Melbourne Hospital
|Dr Helen Brown|
|Professor Cassandra Szoekeemail@example.com||Personal web page|
Several studies have described the benefit of lifestyle change for healthy ageing and cognitive improvement. Studies investigating lifestyle factors have been limited by cohort sampling bias, cross sectional designs, short follow‐ups and small sample sizes. Furthermore the frequency and intensity of lifestyle alteration is still not defined. In this project we examine a 20 year longitudinal dataset to determine the influence of lifestyle factors on cognitive performance and health.
The main opportunities for this project are:
- An opportunity for publication
- Hands-on involvement in participant evaluation
- Work with a large database with over 20 years of lifestyle data
- This project would suit a candidate with an interest in neuropsychology
This research project is available to PhD, Masters by Research, Honours, Master of Biomedical Science students to join as part of their thesis.
Please contact the supervisor to discuss your options.