The effect of anxiety on cardiovascular risk in healthy ageing women
- Research Opportunity
- PhD, Masters by Research, Honours, Master of Biomedical Science
- Project Status
- Medicine and Radiology
- Royal Melbourne Hospital
|Dr Alicia Goodwill|
|Professor Cassandra Szoekeemail@example.com||Personal web page|
Mental health is a key predictor of overall health and wellbeing. Anxiety is widely considered to be positively correlated to cardiovascular risk, and is thought to be responsible for exacerbating existing cardiovascular conditions. However the precise mechanism of this pathophysiology has not yet been discovered.
This project will consider whether the presence of anxiety symptoms is related to increased Cardiovascular Risk in a cohort of healthy ageing women from the Women’s Healthy Ageing Project (WHAP).
The main opportunities for this project are:
- An opportunity for publication
- Hands-on involvement in participant evaluation
- Work with a large database with over 20 years of lifestyle data
- This project would be suited to someone with an interest in cardiovascular health
This research project is available to PhD, Masters by Research, Honours, Master of Biomedical Science students to join as part of their thesis.
Please contact the supervisor to discuss your options.