Georgina Sweet Awards for Women in Quantitative Bioscience - Applications now open for 2017
- Created by Professor Tilley as part of her Australian Laureate Fellowship Program with funding from the Australian Research Council
Promoting Gender Equity in Science
- During the course of Prof Tilley’s Laureate Fellowship (2015-2020), she will engage in different strategies to support the promotion and advancement of women in science.
2016 Award Winners
Georgina Sweet Awards for Women in Quantitative Biomedical Science
The Selection Committee is delighted to announce the recipients for the 2016 Georgina Sweet Award for Women in Quantitative Biomedical Science:
- Associate Professor Alicia Oshlack, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- Associate Professor Kathryn Holt, University of Melbourne
- Associate Professor Freya Fowkes, Burnet Institute
The Award of $25,000 aims to support female scientists across Australia who demonstrate excellence in the area of Quantitative Biomedical Science.
The winners received their awards at a ceremony held on Thursday 27 October 2016 at the Bio21 Institute.