Staff working in our affiliated hospitals assist our students in their transition into the clinical hospitals and make significant contributions to our teaching and research programs.
- Albert Road Clinic
- Austin Health
- Ballarat Health
- Barwon Health **
- Benalla Health Service
- Bendigo Health Care Group
- Broadmeadows Health Service
- Bundoora Extended Care Centre
- Cabrini Hospital
- Caritas Christi Hospice
- Echuca Regional Health
- Epworth Medical Centre
- Geelong Clinic (Healthscope)
- Goulburn Valley Health
- Grampians Health
- Melbourne Clinic (Healthscope)
- Melbourne Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service
- Melbourne Private Hospital (Healthscope)
- Mercy Hospital for Women
- Northeast Health Wangaratta (NHW)
- Northern Hospital
- Northpark Private Hospital
- Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Royal Children's Hospital (RCH)
- Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne
- Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH)
- Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital (RVEEH)
- Royal Women's Hospital (RWH)
- St George's Health Service
- St Vincent's Hospital (SVH)
- St Vincents Private Hospital Melbourne
- Sunshine Hospital
- Western Hospital (WH)
- Williamstown Hospital
- Wimmera Health Care
- Yarrawonga District Health Service
All Research Institutes
Our students benefit from our longstanding relationships with many of the country's leading health research institutes. These institutes have fostered outstanding scientists and offer extraordinary opportunities for our researchers to assist in finding solutions to the world's great health challenges.
- Australian Centre for Heart Health
- Australian College of Optometry
- Australian Institute of Family Studies
- Bio 21 Institute
- Bionics Institute
- Medical Bionics Department
- Burnet Institute
- Centre for Eye Research Australia
- Centre for Mental Health and Substance Abuse (WHO)
- Centre for Youth Mental Health
- Doherty Institute
- Genomic Disorders Research Centre
- Institute for Breathing and Sleep
- Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
- Melbourne Neuroscience Institute
- Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
- National Ageing Research Institute
- Neurosciences Victoria
- O'Brien Institute
- Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health
- Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- The Sir Peter MacCallum Department of Oncology
- Phoenix Australia, Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health
- Skin and Cancer Foundation of Victoria
- St Vincent's Institute
- The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Florey Department of Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health
- Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine
- Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
- Department of Medical Biology
The Faculty of MDHS continues to nurture longstanding relationships with our partners within the Parkville Precinct and with our seven health precincts across Melbourne and Regional Victoria. Together with our partners, we are engaged in many major health and biomedical projects that are set to change the health landscape for future generations of Victorians.
Through our extensive partnerships we are involved in a range of major new developments, including the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre, the Peter Doherty Institute and the Northern Health Teaching Training and Research Precinct. Involvement in these major projects demonstrates the importance of our partnerships and assists us to bring the benefits of our model of improved healthcare to a broader section of the Victorian community.
The Bionics Institute is at the forefront of developing prototype medical bionic devices and related surgical tools rapidly and to exacting standards.
The Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute (Bio21 Institute), is a multidisciplinary research centre specialising in medical, agricultural and environmental biotechnology.
Centre for Eye Research Australia (CERA)
The Centre for Eye Research conduct eye research with real-life impact; translating to better treatments, earlier diagnosis, health education and disease prevention, and unraveling the causes of eye disease through genetics.
The Doherty Institute is a world-class institute combining research, teaching, public health and reference laboratory services, diagnostic services and clinical care into infectious diseases and immunity
The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health is one of the world’s leading brain research centres.
Murdoch Children's Research Institute
As the largest child health research institute in Australia, Murdoch Childrens undertakes research into infant, child and adolescent health.
National Ageing Research Institute
NARI is recognised as a leading research institute in ageing including falls and balance, pain, dementia, physical activity, healthy ageing, public and preventive health, and health systems evaluation.
St Vincent's Institute
The St Vincent's Institute is an independent medical research institute conducting medical research into the cause, prevention and treatment of diseases that are common and have serious effects on health.
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute (WEHI)
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute is the oldest research institute in Australia.Research in a range of areas, preventing and treating diseases including breast, ovarian and blood cancers, type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, coeliac disease and malaria.
The O'Brien Institute has led the way in clinical and experimental research over the past 30 years. The Institute has made striking advances in the delicate craft of replantation surgery and the transfer by microsurgical techniques of body parts and tissue to reconstruct people maimed by trauma, cancer, burns and congenital deformity.
Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre
The University of Melbourne, led by the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, is a part of the VCCC alliance of nine successful Victorian organisations committed to cancer control.
Northern Health Teaching Training and Research Precinctum
The University of Melbourne together with Northern Health and La Trobe University are partners in the establishment of the Northern Centre for Health Education and Research (NCHER).
The Doherty Institute for Infection and Immunity is a partnership between the University of Melbourne and Melbourne Health, established to create a world-class institute combining research into infectious disease and immunity with teaching excellence, reference laboratory diagnostic services, epidemiology and clinical services.
Centre for Eye Research Australia
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
The Royal Children's Hospital
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
St Vincent's Hospital
St Vincent's Institute
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research